Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

folding

Old
folding - Sat May 11, 2013, 01:40 PM
(#1)
Since: Mar 2013
BronzeStar
hi,

usually if i have a straight and there is no flush draw i would go for it. I folded this time and was a good fold. But I was wondering, if there was only the one raise to 400 and the other guy folded, would I call then? Thanks

Sorry, this hand was deleted by its owner

Old
Sat May 11, 2013, 02:06 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
**moved to more appropriate forum JWK24**

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat May 11, 2013, 05:55 PM
(#3)
Since: Jan 2012
Hi BlackHolden4

To be honest with you I think folding on the flop is best. We have the bad end of the gut shot straight draw along with bottom pair. If this was a heads up pot I wouldn't mind the call but once we have a bet and a call the chances of us being ahead are slim, and the chances of us drawing to the best hand are very slim.

The only cards that will really improve our hand are a 6,7, or 9 and even when the 9 hits we aren't going to be comfortable with our hand, there are plenty of Jx combo's that have us beat.

I'm definitely folding to the turn bet regardless if player 3 raises or not. The only hands we are beating at this point are bluffs and it's very unlikely that player 7 is going to make some weird crazy bluff with 2 players left to act behind him.

Nice hand, Chris.

Old
cool - Sat May 11, 2013, 06:17 PM
(#4)
Since: Mar 2013
BronzeStar
Thank you for your advice Chris.
Also I enjoyed your training today. You def taught me a lot so far, I appreciate it.

Old
Sat May 11, 2013, 06:24 PM
(#5)
Since: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackHolden4 View Post
Thank you for your advice Chris.
Also I enjoyed your training today. You def taught me a lot so far, I appreciate it.
Thanks very much

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com