Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

NLHE Big Scoop Free Roll Tournament

Old
NLHE Big Scoop Free Roll Tournament - Sat May 11, 2013, 02:00 PM
(#1)
Since: Apr 2013
Hi,
I would like some feedback on how I've played this hand.
No particular read on villains since I was new in the table.

Old
Sat May 11, 2013, 03:30 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi Zevinar1!

With KK in the BB and a min-raise and two callers in front of me, I'm going to make a 3-bet here. My normal sizing for a 3-bet is to between 3X the previous bet (720) and a pot-sized raise (1275). Since two opps already called a raise, I'll go for the top end of this range and raise to 1275.

I flop an overpair to a board with possible straight draws and even a made straight is possible. With only one opp, I'll make my standard value bet for one opp, 1/2 pot (1138).

The turn should be a blank (unless they have 55, which never should have called a flop bet) and I will once again make a value bet. However, my standard bet size (1/2 pot) is now over 1/3 of my remaining chips... which meand that I'm pot-committed. Due to this, I'll shove the turn.

Unfortunately, the opp flopped a set, but those hands are going to happen. I'm getting it in on the turn here every time wiht KK.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com