Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

Shove or not

Old
Shove or not - Sat May 11, 2013, 05:49 PM
(#1)
Since: Nov 2012

Should I shove in this spot?
Villian9 12/11,pretty tight player.Only shows big hands,dont bluff a lot ..ABC player
Villian2 23/12 The same as villian 9,but much stronger player.
Villiand 8 33/29,pretty loose aggro player

Old
Sat May 11, 2013, 06:13 PM
(#2)
Since: Jan 2012
Hey MolaSalo

Imo this boils down to the reads or stats we have on our opponents. Overall I would think that folding is best but if I believe that I can get the pot heads up and that there's a chance my cards will be live then I would get it in some of the time.

What we have to remember is that we only have 9 big blinds so we don't have much fold equity so I expect to be called all the time.

Against a 12/11 with a large sample size I would fold because it's unlikely that we will have 2 live cards against this guys range and we will often be drawing to 3 outs. I would much prefer to get it in against a 20/18 type of guy so that way there is a chance that we actually have the best hand.

If we do decide to cram it in middle I would hope that player 9 iso raises so at least that way we are heads up with a ton of dead money rather than 3 way.

Cheers, Chris.

Old
Sun May 12, 2013, 05:43 AM
(#3)
Since: Nov 2012
We think almost the same hehe.
If action folded to me in the sb,would you shove against the BB(Villian8) ?

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com