Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

25NL 6-Max Folding? (I)

Old
25NL 6-Max Folding? (I) - Sun May 12, 2013, 02:15 AM
(#1)
Since: Mar 2012
Villain's a TAG 23/15, AF: 2.5 over 1.6k hands. Flop CB: 49%, Flop FCB: 64%, Flop Raise CB: 7%(58), 3bet: 5.7%, F3B: 38%(29)

Haven't seen him gone out of line. He's the type who can find the Fold BTN.

So we lead here and he raises. Question is can he be making the move with flush draws and overpairs. I don't know. 6d5d is probably out of his CO calling range. Maybe he did it with AdKd, AdQd thinking he's 15 outs, against overpairs. I have a tight image playing something like 20/18.

On the other hand, we're 128bb deep. It's a 5-way pot. I feel that we should also err on the side of caution not to pay off higher sets.

If you were to fold, will it be when he raised to $5 or when he jams?

Old
Sun May 12, 2013, 05:48 AM
(#2)
Since: Nov 2007
I am not loving bottom set here following his shove and pairs are much more likely to be in his calling range than AKx. I doubt that I would be able to find the fold button though.

Cheers,

TC

Old
Sun May 12, 2013, 10:27 AM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2011
(Live Trainer)
Hi NW,

I like leading out OTF since so many people are in the pot and the board seems likely to get checked around a decent amount. The interesting part is when you are getting raised by the villain who just called a minraise behind. I would definitely exclude overpairs from his range in that spot so his raising range seems to be comprised of mostly draws, better sets and sometimes maybe hands like 43s (I would look at the opener, the weaker he is the more likely I would see a hand like 43s in villain's range and maybe the more likely he is to 3bet 88).

In general I think getting it in here cant be off and I would have a hard time folding bottom set, but if you think villain is solid enough and maybe even plays hands like the nutflushdraw passively in a multiway pot you could end up folding it - regardless I think I would call his flopraise and re-evaluate the spot OTT. Not sure if we might look to strong and kill action from semibluffs/draws too much if we dont.

Live Trainer

Old
Mon May 13, 2013, 12:31 AM
(#4)
Since: Mar 2012
Thanks guys! Yucks spot, I was also looking at his Flop Raise CB% being so low, could mean he raises sets/ 15 outs only. Him having 2 pairs is also reasonable. As played, I couldn't find the Fold BTN too, and paid him off his 88.

Old
Wed May 15, 2013, 01:53 AM
(#5)
nanonoko
(nanonoko)
Since: Jun 2010
Supernova
Hello,

I think the way you played the hand is fine. I wouldn't be finding a fold here w/ bottom set, I think we would have a discussion if it was a rainbow bored. The fact the flush draw exists adds to many elements where the guy may decide to raise it and get frisky with it. I definitely wouldn't fold when he makes it $5 and its because of the fact that you can't really tell what he's raising with. Reraising and then folding is out of the question based on odds alone (you would have put so much in the pot by then). The only 2pair possible was 43 but who knows if he plays that hand but there is probably some possibility since it was multiway and only a minraise pf.

Something to keep in mind is that yeah sometimes you are beat but set over sets don't happen often so if you're always trying to find a reason to say your beat, you may accidentally pass up some huge spots.

Cheers!

Last edited by nanonoko; Thu Apr 10, 2014 at 08:57 PM..

Old
Wed May 15, 2013, 05:57 AM
(#6)
Since: Dec 2012
I actually think that sometimes you could find yourself facing a higher set, in this case 44 or 88, and not too often where villain would 4bet jam on this board with an overpair or just a flush draw, especially when he's IP, and with his stats. As said by nano, wp, would get it in as well.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com