Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

can i fold kk here

Old
can i fold kk here - Sun May 12, 2013, 07:51 AM
(#1)
Since: Jul 2011
BronzeStar
this player is a real donk who bets rand raises lots post flop and plays 48/17 pre flop can i ever get away from my hand here?

Preflop: Hero is BTN with K K
3 folds, Hero raises to $0.06, SB folds, BB calls $0.04

Flop: ($0.13) 8 4 8 (2 players)
BB checks, Hero bets $0.06, BB raises to $0.12, Hero calls $0.06

Turn: ($0.37) 3 (2 players)
BB checks, Hero bets $0.18, BB raises to $0.36, Hero calls $0.18

River: ($1.09) 8 (2 players)
BB checks, Hero bets $0.56, BB raises to $1.88 and is all-in, Hero calls $1.32

Results: $4.85 pot ($0.17 rake)
Final Board: 8 4 8 3 8
BB showed 8 Q and won $4.68 ($2.26 net)
Hero showed K K and lost (-$2.42 net)

Triple Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun May 12, 2013, 10:16 AM
(#2)
Since: Oct 2011
Oh man, he got the very rare trifecta: three check-raises post-flop. That's gotta hurt.

I'm generally getting my stack in against this player, either on the flop or turn, but when he takes this crazy line he's going to have quads quite often.
If his PFR wasn't so high, then hands like JJ-99 would be in his pre-flop calling range, so you'd stack all his overpairs when the board runs out like this.

I think I prefer to 3-bet the flop. The min check-raise can certainly represent trips, but villain might also raise the flop with just a 4, or a hand like 77/66. While flatting the x-raise in order to encourage him to bluff the turn has some merit, I think I want to build a big pot against this guy, so that he's making big bluffs. So I'd re-raise the flop, to something like 25c and go from there.

When he check-min-raises the turn as well, when it's such a blank, I think you can consider folding, but this line confuses me so much that I'd freeze up, and just call. Since he's check-raised flop and turn, I don't think I can bring myself to bet the river (even with the second best boat), because I'll puke all over myself if he check-raises again.

Brutal, brutal hand. The guy probably thinks he's a genius for taking this line. It's completely weird and makes me sick to my stomach. I'm really glad I wasn't the hero in this one!

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun May 12, 2013, 10:26 AM
(#3)
Since: Jul 2011
BronzeStar
the weird think is if its a deecent player i would fold on the turn but this guys is a sicko as far as i have seen and has done more weird stuf i was pretty sure i was ehead i would be suprised if he had just a 4 there and on the river im like he cant have an 8 here. oh of course :P

Triple Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com