Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

friday night suggestion

Old
friday night suggestion - Sun Nov 24, 2002, 04:52 PM
(#1)
Deleted user
well, i have been sitting around thinking, trying to figure a way to get a turnout of over 200 players for the friday night 7:00 p.m. tournament. in preperation for the big one, i would really like to play against a large field of opponents, seeing as tehre is only i more weekend for the annual tournaments. with freddie doing the broadcast, and the 5k added money, plus 200 buy in, there would be a very nice prizepool. also, i would like to know if mark could find a way to stay awake and play in this event, and i would be willing take 2000 dollars from my bankroll to put a bounty on two people. one would be mark for 1k, and the other would be someone of marks choosing, maybe whoever has the highest percentile for the month that is in the tournament. or i we could have it all put on marks head. i am just trying to think of something new and fun, and a way to get a large turnout!!! if anyone has any other kind of suggestions, please put them here. last friday, there were 107 players, wouldnt it be awsome to have a field of 300!!!!!! 8) 8)

jmuzzey lsogc

Old
I'll add to it... - Sun Nov 24, 2002, 08:53 PM
(#2)
Deleted user
jmuzzey said:
Quote:
i would be willing take 2000 dollars from my bankroll to put a bounty on two people
If Mark's willing to do it, I'll toss in 2k from my bankroll to the money added pool.

Old
Sun Nov 24, 2002, 10:56 PM
(#3)
Deleted user
May be a problem with getting a big turnout as this Friday is the day after Thanksgiving, I know I will unfortunately be unavailable. However, if you wanted to make something happen for the next Friday, I'd be willing to put up a 1k bounty on mr. muzz himself, for organizing all this or maybe Bruno to avenge his putting a bounty on me when we were battling for sponsorship points a couple months back

--Greagar

Old
Mon Nov 25, 2002, 04:29 PM
(#4)
Deleted user
I DONATE 2K TO THE CAUSE LETS GET A BIG FIELD

Old
Mon Nov 25, 2002, 05:21 PM
(#5)
Deleted user
I will contribute 2k as well. Sounds like fun.

Old
Mon Nov 25, 2002, 09:03 PM
(#6)
Deleted user
I agree with greagar, the next Friday may be easier to get a big field.

Randy

Old
Tue Nov 26, 2002, 01:44 AM
(#7)
Deleted user
then i say lets try for next friday!!!!!!! hopefully mark will read this post and reply....... it would make a great prize pool, great fun, and a great broadcast. if mark does decide to do this, i think an email should go out to all members of pso, because not everyone reads the forum. as long as that email goes out with a couple days notice, people can plan for it. if the tournament is set up, people will play, oh yes, people will play!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jmuzzey

Old
Tue Nov 26, 2002, 09:04 AM
(#8)
Deleted user
Count me in!

Randy

Old
Tue Nov 26, 2002, 01:17 PM
(#9)
Deleted user
Can't usually play because I have three kids and that is a rough time for those of us with little ones.

But with Thanksgiving and all, I'll spend enough time with my family!

I am so in!!!!

Let's get ready to rumble!

Tim

Old
Tue Nov 26, 2002, 04:55 PM
(#10)
Deleted user
I'll play, and I'll put a 2K bounty on myself

So the only way to save my 2K is to win it!
Sounds like fun.

aiming for Friday 6th.....I'm in

CLAY

Old
Tue Nov 26, 2002, 05:43 PM
(#11)
Deleted user
Me me me count me in. Mick16

Old
Tue Nov 26, 2002, 07:23 PM
(#12)
Deleted user
i'm really trying to understand the entire idea

1 - when is thanksgivin (i know very well you have that important holiday there, but as i understood a few years ago is a "moving" holiday - not a fixed date i mean) so for people in europe which dont have those holidays is hard to understand what friday you guys are speaking about

2 - puting a bounty on someone's head - as i see is to put money in someone and the player who taking him down get that prize !! isnt it ??

please rememeber that are people outside of usa (sometimes i felt that people forget that) for me is harder and harder to play during thew week days (i cant qualify for wpo due to that) and i have to match your times to my 6 hours diference

if the date you guys speaking about is December the 6th im and point 2 is what i think it is im willing to play and to put a bounty on someone's head...

pls let me know...thnx..spades 8) 8)

Old
Tue Nov 26, 2002, 09:03 PM
(#13)
Deleted user
I will donate $2000 for a 4 color deck

Old
Tue Nov 26, 2002, 09:18 PM
(#14)
Deleted user
And an explanation of what Spades just said/asked.

Old
heh - Tue Nov 26, 2002, 11:20 PM
(#15)
Deleted user
Gump said:
Quote:
And an explanation of what Spades just said/asked.
My brother in-law's got software for speaking/reading, and you shoulda heard what it said.......

Old
Wed Nov 27, 2002, 09:47 AM
(#16)
Deleted user
it would be a great idea, last week with 108 was great, and it would be nice to see over 200 in that event.

however, this friday would be a bad idea for most US members might be busy travling and etc.

"spades": Thanksgiving is always the 4th thursday in november, this year it is the 28th.

Old
Wed Nov 27, 2002, 09:05 PM
(#17)
Deleted user
Count me in for $2k

Old
Thu Nov 28, 2002, 01:23 PM
(#18)
Deleted user
I think it is a great idea, and wow you are all being so generous with your bankrolls.

Mark is away on business for 24 hours and i will be sure to tell him about this when he comes home.
I am sure he would love to participate in the event with a bounty on his head, the only problem i see, is that 7pm for you is 2am for us.

Regards
Tina

Old
Thu Nov 28, 2002, 01:43 PM
(#19)
Since: Jun 2010
How about the Saturday 3 pm event? It is a bit more convienient for the European players.

Old
Thu Nov 28, 2002, 08:27 PM
(#20)
Deleted user
the reason i have chosen friday night, is that it is the one tournament a week that gets the highest turnout. it seems to be already integrated into many peoples schedule's. saturday afternoon would be very difficult for many due to either work, or family. it also is much easier to play when the little ones are already in bed for me, and not jumping on my lap while i am trying to think. and freddieboy does the broadcasts on friday which add even more excitement to the event. i hope it will work out

jmuzzey

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com