Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

Skype STT/ SnG study group $1.50 to $15

Old
Skype STT/ SnG study group $1.50 to $15 - Sun May 12, 2013, 12:56 PM
(#1)
Since: Feb 2011
I know there's a Skype group but is anyone interested in being more specific for STTs? Rossd152 and myself were discussing on his blog about this subject and for me personally it would be a worthwhile exercise.

I'm a pretty experience player with a 13% ROI on Stars but I know I have leaks. It would be great to discuss with like minded people at the above stakes. I'm playing $1.50 on Stars but am comfortable at any stakes, I never play with scared money.

I'm currently playing $2 games even though I'm bankrolled for $10. I'd like to be up there after plugging my leaks.

Anyone interested?

Old
Sun May 19, 2013, 07:19 AM
(#2)
Since: May 2013
Hi Ovalman,

I'm very interested in your proposal, although I must admit I'm a worse player than you. You can look up some data of mine in the New Members section.

Anyway, when not tilting, I'm playing 6-max 1.5$ sng only, and I'm interested in discussing strategy with you and others!

Old
Sun May 19, 2013, 07:36 AM
(#3)
Since: Jan 2012
I think this would be interesting to join, me myself i play multi-table sng's from $1 and up. I do best in smaller fields but can also do good in a bigger field. And would love to improve my game!

Last edited by RaBBiiTGiiRL; Sun May 19, 2013 at 10:53 AM..

Old
Sun May 19, 2013, 07:51 AM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2012
We're talking NL here, right?

If it is them I am certainly interested.

Old
Sun May 19, 2013, 08:06 AM
(#5)
Yes Bhoy, I know I play Limit STTs but I only play them because they are filled with many whales. My latest blog when published might explain more.

I'm not sure how to go about these things, Rossd mentioned teamviewer but I'm unfamiliar with the software. Any suggestions?

If anyone from the previous Skype group wants to join or tell us the format you used then I'd be very much grateful.

Old
Sun May 19, 2013, 08:39 AM
(#6)
I think I could just play and record and upload to my private youtube and share the link with the group? I can upload at about 30MB/s at my university so thats like a second a session.. :P

Old
Sun May 19, 2013, 08:45 AM
(#7)
That sounds as good and probably simpler. I've also a Youtube channel, will look into it also.

Old
Sun May 19, 2013, 10:24 AM
(#8)
http://camstudio.org/

We don't need to chat via skype, I've a terrible Belfast accent anyway and you wouldn't understand me Just upload somewhere like Youtube or file sharing software and share the link via PM. We can then give our opinions via this thread.

I'll record a game tomorrow (playing MTTs all day) and PM to all who's replied on this thread. I don't mind sharing but if I share then I expect a review and a session back. Could I also ask that we try and keep a session roughly around the hour mark? A typical regular 10 seat STT should last around this time. I don't fancy watching you play a 2 day SCOOP event

Old
Sun May 19, 2013, 11:04 AM
(#9)
Well, I don't use skype to talk anyway. it could come in handy to chat but you can always decide.

I decided to play some more 1.50 6-max HT, and here are the results of today. Last 2 of the 4 losses because of parents yelling to me for dinner.. My fault for the timing I guess. I play 4 tables at a time.

pics:
http://i.imgur.com/vTyFFJd.png
http://i.imgur.com/L0J0qMT.png

I try to stop busting out first Which seems to work out, no more stupid all-ins in the first round. The times in the second picture are obviously wrong, not sure what happened there.

Old
Tue May 21, 2013, 09:00 AM
(#10)
Update from this week:
http://i.imgur.com/ZVfs6D5.png

At the moment I try to add in some 3.50s as well

Old
Tue May 21, 2013, 10:06 AM
(#11)
Since: Oct 2011
i play fifty50s, dont know if u want me involved?

Ads

Old
Wed May 22, 2013, 04:13 PM
(#12)
Yes Ads.

I wasn't about the PC yesterday and haven't played today, will post when I play a STT.

Old
Sat May 25, 2013, 09:58 AM
(#13)
Since: Nov 2011
BronzeStar
Yes Ads, any variant of NL poker can be discussed, sng's will probably suit more people but we'r open, or at least I am, to any form. I think for everyone If they did something like post a few hands here from boom say 2/3 a session or in a blog this would be most efficient. Maybe have people with most experience in that format giving analysis so not everyone reads 5/6 blogs x 3 hands with not ideal advice. I did this before but only got replies for 1st blog so maybe its to much effort reading through the blog?I will also review anyone else's in return.

Old
Sat May 25, 2013, 11:51 PM
(#14)
Since: Jan 2013
what codec do you use to record? I used the microsoft default one and it made 317 Mb after 23 seconds of video, and all the others crash the software.

Old
Sun May 26, 2013, 12:35 AM
(#15)
Since: Apr 2013
I'm interested too. I play 9mans 1,50 Turbos.

How it will work?

Thanks

Old
Sun May 26, 2013, 10:33 AM
(#16)
Since: Jun 2010
Hi marrukin,

Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

Here is a link to help familiarize you with all the features and services available at PSO. Feel free to look around the forum and post any comments or questions you may have.

You are invited to join the PokerSchoolOnline Community Home Games Club. Information on how to join the club may be found HERE. Hope to see you there!
Good luck at the tables!

Joss

2 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun May 26, 2013, 10:54 AM
(#17)
I still haven't got around to recording a session and it may not be until tomorrow or the day after until I do so.

Sorry for dragging this on.

All welcome BTW.

Old
Sun May 26, 2013, 10:58 AM
(#18)
Quote:
Originally Posted by marrukin View Post
I'm interested too. I play 9mans 1,50 Turbos.

How it will work?

Thanks
I record a game and send it to whoever wants it. You review my game and add criticisms or thoughts on how you'd play i differently. In return, you record a game and send it to me and I do likewise.

When you ask for a hand history to be reviewed on the forum many times it doesn't tell the full picture. You might be playing loose aggressive for instance and then wonder why you get called with a bad hand. sometimes it takes someone else to spot your mistakes.

Think I'll also play this format. Thinking a game should last no longer than an hour.

Old
Sun May 26, 2013, 01:01 PM
(#19)
I recorded a great $1.50 game where I finished 2nd and the video never turned out right. No point recording a game where I'm out 2nd hand AA v 33 but this game had everything Lost KK v AKo and then rebuilt from a low stack, I know I played well but I know I made mistakes. It would have been perfect as I know there were spots when I made mistakes but I'm sure someone would have pointed other things out to me

Old
Sun May 26, 2013, 04:14 PM
(#20)
Since: Apr 2013
How do you guys record the game??

Wouldn't be better send the tourney history and you guys check it out?

Thanks
marrukin

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com