Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

[CL] Bankroll Builder | | | |

Old
Arrow
[CL] Bankroll Builder | | | | - Mon May 13, 2013, 06:00 AM
(#1)
Since: May 2013
Hi,

I would like to qualify for the bankroll promotions

Thanks in advance,

RougePique

Old
Mon May 13, 2013, 06:45 AM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RougePique View Post
Hi,

I would like to qualify for the bankroll promotions

Thanks in advance,

RougePique
Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

Be sure to read THIS just to be be sure of exactly what's on offer with the Bankroll Builder promotion.

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion. Please check back this time tomorrow!

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschoolonline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon May 13, 2013, 12:15 PM
(#3)
Since: Dec 2010
Hello,

You are eligible for the Bankroll Builder promotion, good job!

NB: Bookmark this page so that you'll find it easily in the future

First Step

Watch the following video and pay special attention to the tips on retrieving and saving your hand history from PokerStars. This will be important for the rest of your promotional journey.

After wacthing this please play some PLAY MONEY FULL-RING (9-Handed) tables at PokerStars and using the Hand Replayer post a hand here in this thread that you have questions about.

Here is a video on how to use the hand replayer.

Quintuple Bracelet Winner

Old
Pair on the flop - Wed May 15, 2013, 10:22 AM
(#4)
Ok... here's mine
How do you play when there's a pair on the flop.

and

Old
Thu May 16, 2013, 10:17 AM
(#5)
Hi,
Hand Analysis

Sitting on about a 30bb stack depth I want to be playing strong/premium hands (AK AQ AJs ATs KQ KJs QJs AA KK QQ JJ TT) preferably in late position. If I decide that I want to play a hand, I will open the action for the standard amount of 3x the big blind +1bb for each limper, limping is only going to invite more players into the pot which will make our overall decisions tougher post flop and ultimately decreasing the overall hand strength coupled with equity in the pot.

To answer your question regarding paired flops, our course of action should solely rely on the reads of the villains tendencies in previously played hands and showdown hand ranges. When the flop comes : and we continuation bet about 1/2 pot for what appears to be value, what range did you assign the villain? The villain elects to minraise us, this could be weighted towards traps 99+, some Ax Kx bluffs or a worse range of 8x J8 T8 98 78. We could flat call their min raise to keep a weaker range of hands (bluffs) involved in the hand, or re-raise 3x the villains sizing as there could be turn cards that could lead us to feel gun shy, but overall I like the flat calling this flop as it wont make us pot committed and leaves room for us to let the villain bluff. Nice pot!

Hand Analysis

Please refer to paragraph #1 of the first hand analysis.
This is a fairly standard fold on the flop when we do not connect with this flop, our equity is not strong enough to continue in the hand.

So you have 3 steps to do to begin with and when you have all 3 done we will award you with your first bonus.

1) Watch the 'Getting Started' video
[ ] INCOMPLETE

2) Post a 'PLAY MONEY' hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer
[x] COMPLETE

3) Pass the Poker Basic course.
[ ] INCOMPLETE

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 steps completed.

Best of Luck!

Old
Thanks - Fri May 17, 2013, 11:26 AM
(#6)
Thanks,

This was helpful. In the mean time, I did complete the other 2 steps (watched the video and done the course)

R.

Old
Sat May 18, 2013, 05:56 AM
(#7)
Brilliant!

You've done all 3 tasks and you'll get your first bonus in the next 24 hours, good job!

Step Two

Use your first buy-in to only play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables on PokerStars. Do not play any other type of game other than this. Post one hand that you had difficulty with here in this thread using the hand replayer and we will analyze it for you.

Please watch the following video and answer the question below.

List 3 reasons why a player may want to make a big bet?

Then study the Cash Game course and once your happy have a go at attempting the quiz. Don't rush through the course, there's a lot of content there and the quiz is tricky so spend some time on this.

So you have 3 things to do to earn your next bonus.

1) Play the 1/2 cent Real Money tables and post an interesting hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer.
2) Watch the Bet Sizing video and answer the question below it.
3) Study and pass the Cash Game quiz.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 tasks complete and we will award you with your next buy-in.

Best of Luck!

Old
Answers - Sat May 18, 2013, 06:54 AM
(#8)
Hi,

First the question above... that's an easy one. A big bet to:
  • Put some pressure on opponents
  • try to bluff better hands
  • Gain value for strong hands
  • Protect yourself against strong draws

Nothing to buy in with yet, so I'm off to do the cash game course.

Thanks

Old
Sat May 18, 2013, 07:48 AM
(#9)
Hi,

We are looking into why you didn't receive your first Bank Roll Builder bonus yet. We will reply to you within 24 hours with more information regarding this situation.

Kind regards,
CannonLee

Old
It works :-) - Sun May 19, 2013, 06:55 AM
(#10)
Hi Lee,

First of all, thanks for the money, I already doubled up ;-) (I was lucky and doubled on pocket Aces)

Played text book, and it does indeed work, I won pretty much all the hands I went into.
But I guess it's beginners luck.

Anyway, completed the remaining steps. and here are my hands:

Should I have folded preflop on this one? I was suspecting a bigger pair. On the other hand, it's a Russian player, which are always very aggressive.
And the next one I folded on the river, was I too cautious?

Thanks again. What are the next steps?

Last edited by RougePique; Sun May 19, 2013 at 07:29 AM.. Reason: added signature

Old
Sun May 19, 2013, 02:22 PM
(#11)
Hi,

I'm glad to hear that you are having a great time at the tables!

Hand Analysis

We are sitting really deep stacked with 215bb! This is hand has more value deep stacked, and we want to play it for the flush. Usually when facing a 3bet holding this type of hand we should fold when out of position versus the villain, but there is some merit to call this 3bet as you will have a positional advantage post flop and our stack has comfort room to get away from the hand if we do not hit that flush. In a heads up situation at a full ring table we wont have the proper pot odds to make the call with a non connected ace example: A9s A8s A7s A6s also, it's really hard to hit the flop due to this non connected hand (besides the flush potential)and we do not know for certain if we are actually ahead of the villain from an equity stand point as general population tendencies are weighted towards 3betting strong Ax AK AQ AJ AT, Kx KQs KJs KTs pocket pairs TT JJ QQ KK AA.

Post flop, I do not mind folding top pair on this flop if we had specific reads on this villain, although we could have maybe at least called one street and re-evaluate the turn as there could still be bluffs within their range Ax AK AQ AJ AT, Kx KQs KJs KT.

Hand Analysis

This is a fairly standard opening in late position with a strong suited broadway hand.

Post flop, I like your continuation bet sizing of about 1/2 pot (1/2 to 2/3 pot is ideal, depending on stack depth). This is a good amount to bet as it will help balance your range at an affordable price. From the villains perspective (if they are capable of hand reading) this board plausibly hits our late position opening range AQ KQ QJ QQ 99, some flush combos AKs AJs ATs plus over pairs AA KK . If we get called on this flop (which we did) I'd shut down and give up on the hand to save bets for a good value spot, no need to 3barrel bluff at 2NL fullring. Well played!

Hope this helps.

CannonLee

Old
Sun May 19, 2013, 03:14 PM
(#12)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RougePique View Post
Thanks again. What are the next steps?
Hi,

Let us know as soon as you pass the Cash Game quiz and we'll get your next bonus to you

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Quiz completed - Mon May 20, 2013, 06:55 AM
(#13)
Hi,

Completed the quiz.

Question: Is this bonus temporary? I had a bit more than 2$ left, and got a mail that my account had a negative balance (is that even possible?)

And then the money was removed from my account. Below is the mail I received.

RougePique
================================================== ==================
Dear RougePique,

Previously you were notified via email that your PokerStars account was debited. This resulted in a negative balance in your EUR currency account.

A total of EUR 2.00 was debited from your PokerStars account recently.
We have transferred the following amount(s) to your EUR negative balance:
USD 2.39

Previous negative balance: EUR 1.87
Current negative balance: EUR 0.00

If you still have a negative balance, please make repayment of the remaining funds still owing at your earliest convenience.

If you have any questions about this transaction please email "PokerStars Security" <security@pokerstars.be>

Regards,

PokerStars Security

Old
Mon May 20, 2013, 09:00 AM
(#14)
Hi,

We will look into this and reply back with more information regarding your situation within 24 hours.

Kind regards,
CannonLee

Old
Tue May 21, 2013, 10:14 AM
(#15)
Got the money back. Thanks for your time sorting this out.

Ok, passed the cash game quiz. What are the next steps?

Thanks again,

RougePique

Old
Tue May 21, 2013, 04:13 PM
(#16)
Hello,

Fantastic!

Your second Bankroll Builder bonus is on it's way to you, great job so far.

Watch this video that will help you on the cash game tables

There are three ways in which you can earn your next bonus.

1) Earn 10 VPPs AFTER receiving your 2nd bonus and you will automatically be credited with your 3rd bonus. Let us know if you hit that target
2) If you lose your 2nd bonus at the tables please post the hands where you lost the money with here in this thread. As soon as you post the losing hands we will advise on the next step.
3) If you make a first deposit at PokerStars you will automatically be awarded your remaining bonuses from the Bankroll Builder promotion.

Best of luck to you at the tables and we are here to help you should you have any questions.

Kind regards,
CannonLee

Old
Thu May 23, 2013, 12:46 PM
(#17)
Nice thanks,

But no 2nd bonus yet

I'm starting to feel targeted. Followed the MTT rebuy course, where I was also promised a ticket.
Guess what..... nothing, but that's not that important.

I'll try upping my VPPs already.... we'll see.

Cheers,

RougePique

Old
Fri May 24, 2013, 04:32 PM
(#18)
(Community Coordinator)
Hello RougePique,

You should have got your 2nd bonus by now

Please follow the steps in Cannon's post above in order to earn your 3rd bonus!

Cheers,

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu May 30, 2013, 01:01 PM
(#19)
Hi,

It took a while .... but got my 10 VPPs ;-)
What's next?

Regards,

RougePique

Old
Fri May 31, 2013, 08:40 AM
(#20)
Hello,

Fantastic!

Your third Bankroll Builder bonus is on it's way to you, great job so far.

There are three ways in which you can earn your next bonus.

1) Earn 10 VPPs AFTER receiving your 3rd bonus and you will automatically be credited with your 4th bonus. Let us know if you hit that target

2) If you lose your 3rd bonus at the tables please post the hands where you lost the money with here in this thread. As soon as you post the losing hands we will advise on the next step.

3) If you make a first deposit at PokerStars you will automatically be awarded your remaining bonuses from the Bankroll Builder promotion.

Best of luck to you at the tables and we are here to help you should you have any questions.

Kind regards,
CannonLee

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com