Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

2NL 6-max Zoom 99

Old
2NL 6-max Zoom 99 - Mon May 13, 2013, 04:06 PM
(#1)
Since: Jan 2012
Hi , I decided to lead the flop since it was very dry and I didn't want to give players possible free cards. And I've seen players do this call and raises and continue on flops like these multi-ways with hands like draws, two pairs and even TPTK.
Should I've folded after a raise and a flat call ?
The button had TT and the cut off had QsKs.

Old
Mon May 13, 2013, 09:44 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi fp,

Don't be results oriented. I think you're only asking the question because of the hands you ran into and the fact that you lost. If they had turned over As2s and 88, and you shipped this huge pot, would you still be posting to ask if you should fold on the flop?

I really like your decision to lead out, that's so key here and so many people automatically "check to the raiser". It's a wet, action board and you have a very strong hit with middle set, so many turn cards are bad for you that we really don't want to risk a free card and we can get action from so many worse hands.

When it comes back to you raised by the PFR (unlucky he had TT, his range here is 88+, AsKs, AsQs, AJ, KJ, QJ imo) and cold called by V1 (probably a stubborn top pair or draw) with $1 in the pot already I would shove here as well.

Nothing wrong here imo, but we can't win them all.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com