Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

NL2, KK loose

Old
NL2, KK loose - Tue May 14, 2013, 01:35 PM
(#1)
Since: May 2013
BronzeStar

Hello Did i play well this hand? Could i've done something diferent?

Old
Tue May 14, 2013, 02:31 PM
(#2)
Since: Dec 2010
Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

An expert Hand Analyzer will evaluate your hand within the day.

Here is a link to help familiarize you with all the features and services available at PSO. Feel free to look around the forum and post any comments or questions you may have.

You are invited to join the PokerSchoolOnline Community Home Games Club. Information on how to join the club may be found HERE. Hope to see you there!
Good luck at the tables!

Kind regards,
CannonLee

Quintuple Bracelet Winner

Last edited by CannonLee; Tue May 14, 2013 at 02:39 PM..

Old
Tue May 14, 2013, 03:34 PM
(#3)
Since: May 2013
BronzeStar
Thank you CannonLee I'll wait for the hand analyser then.

Old
Tue May 14, 2013, 03:59 PM
(#4)
Since: Jan 2013
That was fine if you do this every time you get kings your be making a profit

Old
Tue May 14, 2013, 06:04 PM
(#5)
Since: Jun 2012
Not a lot you can do with KK against AA.

If you had a read that meant you were sure he had AA, which is difficult to get, then you could maybe call but even then you are committing so much of your stack that that isnt a great play to make.

You can fold KK pre-flop in some circumstances according to Tyler Frost (one of the trainers here).

Old
Tue May 14, 2013, 06:26 PM
(#6)
Since: Oct 2011
I'm going broke here about 98% of the time. If UTG was a nitty regular and there was no caller, I'd sometimes just flat call to keep his range wide, but when two players are already in the pot, I like 3-betting. I'd probably make the 3-bet at least 25c, because I don't want both of these two deep-stacked players going set-mining, but the sizing is a minor quibble.
Cold 4-bets are always a bit scary in 2NL full ring games, but villain 2's most likely hand is AK, as there are more combos of that than AA. Villain would have to be an ubernit playing 5/3 with a 0% 3-bet for me to even consider folding KK here. Since 2NL players often woefully overvalue their hands and are incapable of ranging, even given action like this, I think he might even show up with QQ in this spot. Shoving over the 4-bet is the only logical play.
You'll run into AA fairly often in this spot, and it's just a cooler. If the roles were reversed, villain would be stacking off kings when you have aces.
Nice hand, unlucky, move on to the next.

P.S. If you have any stats or reads on your opponents, please provide them with future hand replays, as that info will help the analysers to give advice on hands that involve slightly tougher decisions.

Bracelet Winner

Last edited by ArtySmokesPS; Tue May 14, 2013 at 06:30 PM..

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com