Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

25nl reg tables - TT, good spot to 4b shove?

Old
25nl reg tables - TT, good spot to 4b shove? - Tue May 14, 2013, 03:06 PM
(#1)
Since: Jul 2011
My reads at the time were based on around 30 hands.

Villain 6 had showed early signs of being a bad aggressive player and was opening a reasonable amount especially in late positions. Playing 31/18/0. With an AF 9.0.

Villain 3 had shown similar signs of being a bad player but in the passive sense. However he had been 3betting more than expected and 3/9 times in the BB. His stats were 47/26/13.6, However postflop he was passive with an AF 1.2.

OTB I think it's good to call with TT to try and get the BB to call, although the SB is a good LAG I don't expect him to be squeezing light when I flat OTB and I think it's worth trying to get the BB involved.

The BB then 3 bets pretty big, I think his range is 99+, AJs+, KQs, AQo+. The cut off calls and when he does this he removes a lot of good hands from his range, I think that his range is JJ-TT, AQs-ATs, KTs+, QJs, JTs, AQo-ATo, KJo+.

By shoving I think we can expect the BB to call off with his entire range, I assumed this due to his postflop passiveness. Although the CO will be getting great odds with a shove and a call in front of him his range is much wider that of the BB and thus we have a great deal more fold equity vs this player. I think with all the money in the pot this play will be profitable but I'd be interested to see what everyone thinks.

I ran pokerstove with my hand vs their ranges if they both call and although I'm not ahead my equity is good. However I'm unsure how to calcualte if this play is +EV?

Text results appended to pokerstove.txt

89,944,622 games 50.150 secs 1,793,511 games/sec

Board:
Dead:

equity win tie pots won pots tied
Hand 0: 39.215% 37.00% 02.21% 33281551 1990153.33 { 99+, AJs+, KQs, AQo+ }
Hand 1: 31.563% 30.47% 01.10% 27402728 987080.83 { TT }
Hand 2: 29.222% 26.66% 02.56% 23976665 2306895.33 { JJ-TT, AQs-AJs, KQs, AQo }

Thanks

Oli

Follow me on: Twitter

Old
Wed May 15, 2013, 02:12 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi Oli,

I would let this go, the reads are too insignificant with only 30 hands to assume they are both just spewing off. I suspect V3 is usually pretty tight here without a significant read, and V6 can easily be flatting JJ/QQ and sometimes KK or AA to trap you in, which it seems you haven't even included in your equity run for his hand, you only have TT/JJ in there.. this just makes it worse.

And even as is your equity is not good per your own equity run. You have 31.5% equity and are contributing 33% of the pot, so -EV. It's not that simple of course as we may get 2 folds sometimes, or 1 fold and 1 call, but we can't really estimate how often those things will happen. But when you start removing a few of the lighter hands like AJs and adding in more AA-QQ combos you can see it's ultimately not good for you.

We don't really have the right price to set mine either, so I would begrudgingly let it go.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com