Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

25c 45 man sng / 78s over tag-lag player.

Old
25c 45 man sng / 78s over tag-lag player. - Tue May 14, 2013, 06:22 PM
(#1)
Since: Nov 2011
Hello, all day this hand bothered me, I cannot help to think , I let him steal it on the river.

The player was tag /loose, a bit of a mix.

http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/rep...ash=A991C4D8A2

I only limped in because of my stack size, I felt I could see a flop even out of position.

Thoughts please.

Old
Wed May 15, 2013, 12:42 AM
(#2)
Since: Aug 2010
Pre Flop: is weak. A bet was in order here even if just a min raise. Me 2.5-3 blinds

Flop: even weaker to check it off. As it was I'd have bet here, preferably 400

Turn: WTH? 2 pair on a flush happy board and you min bet? You have to price out the draws.

River: at this point as you played the hand I think a call was in order here. I think he scared you off with the flush possibility there.

Old
Wed May 15, 2013, 07:50 AM
(#3)
Since: Jul 2012
I would fold too I wouldn't raise limp from UTG out of position with 78s, it doesn't help . there's a lot of cards that weak players limp from utg and you are behind. I don't think I win it often enough to call it.

Last edited by Shichi-77; Wed May 15, 2013 at 08:00 AM..

Old
Wed May 15, 2013, 04:47 PM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2010
Hi holdemace486,

The reads sounds a little confusing. The hand doesn't look like the player is TAG or LAG. Limping first in is a pretty passive action.

If they are indeed a TAG player then it's pretty likely a limp UTG means small pocket pair.

I don't mind seeing the flop here, obviously we prefer the button. But it's cheap enough as you say with from SB.

I think leading the flop is good idea. Try and pick up the pot with top pair. Not many good cards to come on the turn.

Definately bet on the turn and I think atleast twice the size of your raise, you have a strong hand now and need to go for value.

I think folding the river is fine. There are so many hands that get there and it's too late now to show how strong your hand is.

I think a bet this big can be a strong hand alot of the time. Could be slow played 5, diamonds, 66, 44. And Nothing much you beat apart from bluffs I think.

Good Luck
Andy

Quad Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed May 15, 2013, 04:59 PM
(#5)
Since: Nov 2011
I thank you for the advice, I think I did play it badly.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com