Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Challenges & Battleground & Member Blogs /

adohole fr chalange

Old
adohole fr chalange - Wed May 15, 2013, 04:12 PM
(#1)
Since: Jul 2011
SilverStar
heey guys i have followed everybdy left and right in the last few days with there 6 max and fr chalanges and i decided to join them. my challenge is a bit diffretn from them because im going to ad one thing i need to at least 20 table at all times
i will start of wit 272.50 in my bankroll
2 nl
5 nl will start when i have 250+(50buy ins) wil drop down if i go under 200
10 nl will start when i have 500+(50 buy ins) wil drop down if i fall under 400 wil play deep ante tables aswell
16 nl will start when i have 800+ wil drop down if i fall under 675 will play deep ante tables aswell
25nl will start playin when 1250 etc you understand the story

wil try and keep you guys updated. i might stop the challenge if i cant help myself and play some sng's or mtt's

and yeah i use a litle stadyer bankroll management then the rest because i havent proved myself as much at the cash tables as they all did
wil start tomorow or the day after tomorwo with 5nl

Triple Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed May 15, 2013, 06:07 PM
(#2)
Since: Oct 2011
It's great to see someone else is setting some goals. I could never play that many tables without a having a nervous breakdown, but I know you have ninja skills! Good luck with the chalenge!

Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu May 16, 2013, 01:57 AM
(#3)
SilverStar
ty arty actually the daysbefore i played some 24 tables 2nl and got bored and loaded some sng with it :P wont do that anymore

Triple Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu May 16, 2013, 02:25 AM
(#4)
Since: Jan 2012
Thats a big stack of tables! GL

Do you have any Full Ring experience or will this be your first go at it?

Good Luck, I'll be following with interest!

Roland GTX

Old
Thu May 16, 2013, 03:36 AM
(#5)
SilverStar
i hava some fr experience and last couple of days played like 7k 2nl hands. running a ton under ev stil making small profit. dont know if i can post good graphs since im hopping from 1 tracking divece to another i came to hem1 now so dont know how well it works will start my first session in about half an hour

Triple Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu May 16, 2013, 06:05 AM
(#6)
SilverStar
after a horrible run today and a graph going everywhere. i feel almost like 5nl is easyer to beat than 2nl the amount of donks are pretty big here at 2nl and the regs are easy exploideble. i think at 5nl set mining has got the most vallue of all the games at pokerstars.
i was up above $10 2 times but one amazingly bad play by me with 77 on a jjj board couldnt fold to a reg. and bad beats i am down $1.95 in 3.3k hands. btw do you guys want to see bad beats hand and interesting spots or both just leave a comment that you guys want to see it and ill post them. here is a intersing/bad beat hand (a 2 in one :P)
http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-h...666_64B0B9448F

my stat line after my first session
cat copy it so ill just typ it session time 111.5 minuts won -1.95 vpip 10.0 pfr 8.6 3bet 3.3 agr factor 2.96 win% at showdown 56% rake 5.20

so i was losing but if there would be no rake i would have won quite a litle wil put in another session today wil try to get 10k hands a day wich should be enough to give me goldstar this month.
btw roland and arty would you mind taking a look at my statline is it to tight? i have been trying to loosen up a litle but its hard

Triple Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu May 16, 2013, 06:36 AM
(#7)
Since: Jan 2012
Hi adohole!

Running 10/8.6 is definately tight, but that doesn't mean much imo. I see plenty of winning regs on Zoom that play that tight. You aren't zooming but you are playing 20+ tables. I would assume you could open your range considerably if you were only playing two tables for example. The question becomes which method gives you the best hourly rate I guess.

I don't know much about your playing style or goals adohole, but I will make one suggestion that might be relevant for you.

If your goal is to improve, you may find it beneficial to break your sessions into two parts. One Grind portions where your do your normal 20+ tables. And, one learning portion where you play only a few tables (1 or 2).

During the learning session you can work on your reading/ranging skills, as well as slowly expanding your opening range. The lessons learned from this effort can then slowly get incorporated into your grinding sessions. Improving your game in this manner will hopefully result in an improved hourly rate.

In my case, for example, I'll play four sessions in which I 4 table 25NL Zoom and one session in which I single table 50NL bringing my absolute A-game. This helps me improve my game and prepares me for my transition from multitabling 25NL to multitabling 50NL.

GL!

Roland GTX

Old
Thu May 16, 2013, 07:21 AM
(#8)
SilverStar
thnx rolland, im defenitly going to do 2 tabling session but probably 16nl and up since i get crazy sometimes if i play just a few tables and thats something that will lose you money in 5nl. just played another short session and there this hand came up
http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-h...162_1BB6F95181
with no reads its an obvious fold i know that but i clicked my timebank and ran through the last 40 hands (yeah while 24 tabling :P) and he open shoved the river 3 times befor and not only when a draw kicked in he didnt get called in those 2 hands. his stats wher 38/36 his agression facto wis 3.8 i think not 100% sure but somewhere in the 3. is this still a fold or is calling her right

btw second session 1.2k hands lost 2.92
total today 4495 hands lost 4.87

Triple Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu May 16, 2013, 01:21 PM
(#9)
SilverStar
wel my last 2 session pokerstars decided to say wel he isnt making any profit today lets just give him a cooler a bad beat another coller etc.

finished the day down 33.60 in 8.6k hands but i feel like i played really wel except on bluff that costed me a buy in. i feel verry confident that i can beat these stakes but will need a ltile run better then today. might put in another session tonight to get to 10k hands tomorow i will try and grind for almost 5 hours str8 see how it goes.

im thinking about mixen € games in aswell does anybody of you guys played thes games and are the stronger/weaker then the $ ones?

Triple Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu May 16, 2013, 02:30 PM
(#10)
SilverStar
finaly i had a sesiion without more than 1 cooler/bad beats 1.4k hands up $12
wil play 3 tables becaus i am watching the premier leauge darts aswell so cant 24 table then :P

Triple Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu May 16, 2013, 03:23 PM
(#11)
SilverStar
after 11k hands $-15 and paid $19 rake so without rake im winning its a decent start but tomorow i will do better

Triple Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu May 16, 2013, 05:23 PM
(#12)
Since: Jun 2010
Hey adohole,

Good luck with your challenge

After reading all of your post, the first thing that pop up is that you seem to pay more attention to the number of hands you can play in one day than the working on profit.

11,000 hands and a negative profit of -$15, what about playing only 4 tables and being in profit? If you're like me and hate to wait for the hands to finish and you like fast pace poker, play Zoom instead.

Like Roland said "Running 10/8.6 is definitely tight". I thought I was tight....lol. You need to open up your range

Since you have PT4, run the Leak Tracker and see where the leaks are. Check this thread for some stats:
http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/for...Statistic-blog

PS. Last year during the Millionth hand, I was playing 8 tables, than I decided to play 16 tables, boy did my stats drops and so did the money. You need to find the right fit

Old
Fri May 17, 2013, 05:13 AM
(#13)
SilverStar
thanx sandtrap i was already opnening up a litle yesterday in my last session i was playing 14/12.6
i have made some a few bad disciosions in the hands yesterday and i think i wont do that again and luck wasnt at my side for the first fewsessions.
yes i am an action junky :P and i actualy want to play oom but my hud doesnt work there btw i have hem1 atm. if my profit stay down after another 5k hands of 24 tabling im going to drop 8 and see how that goes but zoom isnt an option at 5nl yet because for example vs some players you have to get ak and qq in pre flop and vs some players you have to be really carefull with those hands so its nice to have the stats all the tim and with zoom it gives me the stats from the hand before.

after looking in your thread i seems that i need to be flatting more ip and probably 3 bet a litle more. i think im to tight after someone entered the pot

Triple Bracelet Winner

Last edited by adohole; Fri May 17, 2013 at 05:17 AM..

Old
Fri May 17, 2013, 05:51 AM
(#14)
Since: Oct 2010
Good Luck adohole

Go and BOOM your BR

PH

Old
Fri May 17, 2013, 05:54 AM
(#15)
SilverStar
ty PH btw best of luck in your stake with marvin saw you already had some decent result keep it up

Triple Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri May 17, 2013, 07:14 AM
(#16)
SilverStar
just played another session was -50c after 1.5k hands

i played a few intersting hands would like to heare your your oppinions

http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-h...646_A32A57DF4D
the bb in plsying 10-6 over 1k hands after his limp pfer flop i think he can have anything but after his call on the flop and check on the turn i think he most likely has a pocket pair 44-jj or a weird played aa.
so i check the turn because i think i wont get called by worse to often and i will defnitly not fould out any other hands. when he bets i still think he could have any pocket pair so i called what do you guys think of this hand?

http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-h...673_7295B25D5B
this is a hand where i play a bronzestar that is playing 40-10 after his call pre flop i put him on mostly bad aces and 22-1010. after he calls my cbet i still think he could have an bad A that he doesnt want to fold or a hand like 44,66,77. after the a hit the turn im pretty happy since if he had a bad A im 99% certain he wont be able to fold it. when he raises my bad im just thrilled i think he sometimes might have 2 pair but i think he is doing it aswell with a-10 or a-4 so im getting it in. he had a set in the end how do you guys think i played this hand? btw i would never palyed this hand the same way vs a tag.

Triple Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri May 17, 2013, 07:22 AM
(#17)
SilverStar
http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-h...556_E5F6A2B03F
this last hand might seem like a really standard hand but its the first time i get my kk in vs a tag pre flop.
off course i open kk utg, then i get 3 bet by the button who is playing 19-17 with a 3bet of 14. the bb calls this guy is playing 10-9 with 3.7 3bet i think his ranges i 1010 jj qq ak an dmaybe kk i think he would 4 bet kk and aa here. i decide to 4 bet because the button can have allot of hands here and im ehaead of the range of the bb tag. the button folds and now the bb shoves. from his origenal range i think he would fold 1010 and jj he might call qq but i think he would fold that to. so ak kk and aa are left. kk is just a very slim chance since i already have kk and im not sure if he would jam that or just would flat. aa i think he would have alreadye raised but i might have gone wrong on that read and ak he should be folding here but he might think he is best and just jam it to not get in dificult spots post flop. so actually no hand makes allot of sence except kk. i dont think he is steaming here and he could always have aa that he played a ltile passively. i was concidering folding but decided to call what do you guys think of my play here?

Triple Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri May 17, 2013, 09:19 AM
(#18)
SilverStar
played another quick session 800 hands with $10 profit
before i went through most of the hands i played last 2 days yeah that costs a litle time and there i is one thing that seems to stop me from making a profit and that is not being able to fold the river if its a nasty card and my oponent bets big. this should be folds to me but im thinkin like noo he can have made runner runner str8 rigth??? and then call and i know he has it but i still call all hands like these
http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-h...402_CB5476850A
i lost +_ $30 extra with thaose kind of hands so if i can let myself make these folds i think profit ville will come soon.
for my total profit i can trust my hem1 anymore because i have played some € games but my bankroll is at 255.22 so lust $17 so far where i played $25 rake so could be worse will keep on grinding i know i can and will this stake

btw in my winning session i played 17.1/14.5 with 3.1 3bet will try and keep these stats for a few k more hands and then see what playing style gives me the biggest profit. wont go on 1 session because i did get kinda lucky in some spots in this session

Triple Bracelet Winner

Last edited by adohole; Fri May 17, 2013 at 09:22 AM..

Old
Sat May 18, 2013, 06:26 AM
(#19)
SilverStar
just played another 1.8k hands in a really frustrating session where i lost $4.i got kk vs aa 3 times with 2 times vs a lag player. had some set ups and 1 hand im nog quite sure if i played it right i could have won a ton of money there.
http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-h...513_8497C9A7B7 the guy to my left is playing 19/16 and the guy to my right is playing 29/7
can i ever call of ther with tptk

Triple Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat May 18, 2013, 06:59 AM
(#20)
SilverStar
played another 600 hands wanted to play more but these two hand right after eachother happend and i was just done with poker for that moment.
http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-h...646_9630D6E28E
http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-h...654_9F2FC3BAD1
my bankrol is at 240.86 so lost about $30 in 17k hands where i paid $30 rake. i am starting to understand the dynamics better by the day and i am getting more notes and stats oneverybody by the day so dont be suprised if in my next session i win $50. if i keep losing i am going to use some fpp's i earned to boost my bankroll a litle

Triple Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com