Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

Bankroll Builder

Old
Bankroll Builder - Thu May 16, 2013, 03:58 AM
(#1)
Since: Jul 2010
BronzeStar
Hi, I'm new to PSO and would like to take part in the bankroll builder promotion.

Thank you

Old
Thu May 16, 2013, 04:46 AM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haji11 View Post
Hi, I'm new to PSO and would like to take part in the bankroll builder promotion.

Thank you
Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

Be sure to read THIS just to be be sure of exactly what's on offer with the Bankroll Builder promotion.

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion. Please check back this time tomorrow!

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschoolonline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu May 16, 2013, 05:12 PM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
Hi Haji11,

You are eligible for the Bankroll Builder promotion, good job!
NB: Bookmark this page so that you'll find it easily in the future

First Step

Watch the following video and pay special attention to the tips on retrieving and saving your hand history from PokerStars. This will be important for the rest of your promotional journey.

After wacthing this please play some PLAY MONEY FULL-RING (9-Handed) tables at PokerStars and using the Hand Replayer post a hand here in this thread that you have questions about.
Here is a video on how to use the hand replayer.

Then when you have that done please have a go at the Poker Basics Course and pass the quiz at the end of the course.
So you have 3 steps to do to begin with and when you have all 3 done we will award you with your first bonus.

1) Watch the 'Getting Started' video
2) Post a 'PLAY MONEY' hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer
3) Pass the Poker Basic course.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 steps completed.

Best of Luck!

2 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Session Feedback - Thu May 23, 2013, 05:33 AM
(#4)
BronzeStar

Old
Thu May 23, 2013, 05:37 AM
(#5)
BronzeStar
I have completed all 3 steps.

Old
Fri May 24, 2013, 05:59 PM
(#6)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi Haji11!

With A9s from UTG+1 and a limp in front of me, I'm going to immediately muck this hand preflop. I'd have to raise to 4BB or 800 and it's not a strong enough hand to be doing so since I'm out of position. If I was on the button, then I'd most likely raise, but with the severe position disadvantage that I'm at, I'm much better off mucking preflop.
I don't want to call here, as I will get no information about the opp's hands that are bahind me and if anyone behind me raises, I don't have a strong enough hand to call a raise with.

If I was in the hand (which I would not bet), when I hit top pair with a bad kicker and get a min bet and call in front of me, I have 2 choices... to muck (which I want to do if I have the worst hand) or to make a standard raise of 3/4 pot (1175 chips) if I have the best hand... but the problem is.. due to the limp, I have absolutely no clue whether I'm ahead or behind. With it so easy to be outkicked here (or crushed by a made straight or two pair), I will muck to this bet.

The turn brings a flush draw and now a sizable bet that is called by the 2nd opp. I do not have the odds to call this bet here, so once again, I need to muck.

The river gives me 2 pair on a board with multiple straights and a flush out there. I do NOT want to be all-in unless I'm sure that I have the best hand... and with this board, there is absolutely no way to say 2 pair is the best hand. Due to that, once again, I need to muck.

The key here is to muck marginal hands preflop, especially when out of position.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon May 27, 2013, 12:35 AM
(#7)
Excellent!

You've done all 3 tasks and you'll get your first bonus in the next 24 hours, good job!

Step Two

Use your first buy-in to only play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables on PokerStars. Do not play any other type of game other than this. Post one hand that you had difficulty with here in this thread using the hand replayer and we will analyze it for you.
Please watch the following video and answer the question below.

List 3 reasons why a player may want to make a big bet?

Then study the Cash Game Course and once your happy have a go at attempting the quiz. Don't rush through the course, there's a lot of content there and the quiz is tricky so spend some time on this.

So you have 3 things to do to earn your next bonus.

1) Play the 1/2 cent Real Money tables and post an interesting hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer.
2) Watch the Bet Sizing video and answer the question below it.
3) Study and pass the Cash Game quiz.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 tasks complete and we will award you with your next buy-in.

Best of Luck!

2 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Session Feedback - Tue May 28, 2013, 02:35 PM
(#8)
BronzeStar

Old
Tue May 28, 2013, 07:01 PM
(#9)
Thank you for posting this hand for review and I have asked one of the Hand Analysers to take a look at it for you.
He will do this within the next 24 hours and once it's been analysed I will advise on the next step.

Cheers.

2 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue May 28, 2013, 07:45 PM
(#10)
Since: Oct 2011
Hi Haji11! I'll take a look at this hand.

Pre-flop looks good. A villain limped, so you raised it up to 8c. He probably has a weak hand like a small pair or a random suited connector. The flop comes 985, and this is a terible flop for AK. It hits a limper's range pretty hand. When the flop is all middling cards, you have to watch out for straights, two pairs, and sets. Nevertheless, I like making a c-bet, because villain might have missed completely with hands like KJ, or he could fold an underpair like 33 that is currently beating you. I'd make a half-pot bet, as a bluff, hoping villain will fold. If he calls, I won't put another cent in the pot unless I improve.
Your mistake here is the size of your bet. You bet the size of the pot. When you make big bets like this, you get "value-owned". Nothing worse than your hand is calling a big bet. You'll only get action from hands that beat you! When villain calls your big bet, you should be very worried. He almost certainly has a decent made hand. Since he limp-called pre-flop, he can definitely have a set of trips or two pairs with 98. He might even have flopped a straight with 76s. About the only hands you beat that might call this bet would be decent flush draws. Something like JTdd has a combo straight and flush draw.
The turn comes a really blank 2c. Villain checks to you, and this is the perfect spot to check behind. You still have just ace high. If villain has a draw with JT, you can beat that at showdown. I think it's more likely he has a set or straight. To make another large bet of close to pot is just spew. Worse hands are not calling this bet. You're value-cutting yourself. Once more villain calls, and he must be loving this. He has a strong hand and you're building a big pot for him.
The river comes the 4d. This is a terrible card for you. You didn't even make a pair, but A3 just made a straight, and the flush draw on the flop just got there. If villain had an OESD with JT, he missed, and you will win the pot by checking. All the other hands that called on the flop and turn are always calling the river. Betting here is really bad. Villain snap calls and shows his set of 5s. You were actually drawing almost dead on the flop, and yet you barrelled off your whole stack.

I'm not sure what your thought process was in this hand. Maybe you really thought you had the best hand, or maybe you thought villain would fold under all this pressure. Both ideas would be wrong when we look at this board and action. Generally speaking, it is a HUGE mistake to bet all three streets without a strong made hand. The "triple barrel bluff" is just total spew at 2NL. Save your big bets for when you have a real hand. When AK doesn't connect on the flop, you just have ace high, so should try and keep the pot small. Don't build a big pot when you're not winning!

Hope this helps!
Cheers,
Arty

Bracelet Winner

Old
2) List 3 reasons why a player may want to make a big bet. - Wed May 29, 2013, 01:48 AM
(#11)
BronzeStar
- To put a lot of pressure on opponents
- To bluff opponents off of decent hands
- To protect against strong draws

Old
Wed May 29, 2013, 01:50 AM
(#12)
BronzeStar
I have completed all 3 tasks.

Old
Wed May 29, 2013, 12:16 PM
(#13)
Hi Haji11,

Fantastic!

Your next Bankroll Builder bonus is on it's way to you, great job so far.

Watch this video that will help you on the cash game tables

There are three ways in which you can earn your next bonus.

1) Earn 10 VPPs AFTER receiving this bonus and you will automatically be credited with the next bonus. Let us know if you hit that target
2) If you lose your this bonus at the tables please post the hands where you lost the money with here in this thread. As soon as you post the losing hands we will advise on the next step.
3) If you make a first deposit at PokerStars you will automatically be awarded your remaining bonuses from the Bankroll Builder promotion.

Best of luck to you at the tables and we are here to help you should you have any questions.

Joss

2 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Bankroll Builder Hand Feedback - Thu Jun 27, 2013, 07:35 PM
(#14)
BronzeStar

Old
Fri Jun 28, 2013, 10:21 AM
(#15)
(Community Coordinator)
Thank you for posting this hand for review and I have asked one of the Hand Analysers to take a look at it for you.

He will do this within the next 24 hours and once it's been analysed I will advise on the next step.

Cheers.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Jun 28, 2013, 11:14 AM
(#16)
Since: Dec 2010
Hi,
Hand Analysis

We are sitting on a 30bb stack depth facing two villains that have entered the pot, one from EP and LP. This is not a value hand and can easily be dominated by a better range of Qx or pocket pairs, this hand just doesn't have that much playability or rather doesn't flop well unless of course we flop equity to a flush draw. Maybe this was a 3bet steal, but there are certainly better hands to do so with. When the villain get's it all in, we can easily release our hand as we have not invested to much and aren't pot committed.

Hope this helps.

Good luck and good decisions,
CannonLee

Quintuple Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Jun 29, 2013, 03:50 PM
(#17)
(Community Coordinator)
Brilliant! You've got your second bonus, good job.

There are three ways in which you can earn your next bonus.

1) Earn 10 VPPs AFTER receiving this bonus and you will automatically be credited with the next bonus. Let us know if you hit that target
2) If you lose your this bonus at the tables please post the hands where you lost the money with here in this thread. As soon as you post the losing hands we will advise on the next step.Play $0.01/$0.02 fullring 9-handed) tables only aan post any losing hands here using the Hand Replayer.
3) If you make a first deposit at PokerStars you will automatically be awarded your remaining bonuses from the Bankroll Builder promotion.

Best of luck to you at the tables and we are here to help you should you have any questions.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com