Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

Good read?

Old
Good read? - Thu May 16, 2013, 03:48 PM
(#1)
Since: Jan 2013

I figure he has a diamond draw after he checked the river back does anyone think i was right, mind you ive seen them do this with under pairs.

Old
Thu May 16, 2013, 04:23 PM
(#2)
Since: Oct 2011
He can't check back, because you're the player in position. A "check back" also known as "checking behind" can only be done by the last player to act.

As to villain's range, his small donk bets look like a draw or a weak one pair hand. On the flop, he might have a weak ace or king, or even JJ-88 (it makes me want to throw up, but a lot of 2NL villains will limp or flat with JJ), as well as FDs. Kings are out of the question on the turn, so that just leaves aces, queens, and random underpairs. The river means he can't have a queen, because I think he's always calling with the underboat. A missed flush draw seems the most likely hand, but I'd guess something like A4 also check-folds here given how the board ran out and you're repping Kings full.

If you had some stats on the villain, then his range could be a lot wider or narrower. This guy might be a super nit that got married to 88, or he could be a passive station that chases gutshots on paired boards. :/

Bracelet Winner

Last edited by ArtySmokesPS; Thu May 16, 2013 at 04:26 PM..

Old
Thu May 16, 2013, 04:42 PM
(#3)
Yeah checked the river you know what i mean lol if a J/T and diamond came out i would of checked i figured he was drawing and even though my hand was awful i had to charge him to make his hand i could of just called but when you get a thew hands like these and win it soon tots up.

Just finished 1354 hands at zoom with with 14.36bb/100 and $7.78 profit that nearly makes up for last nights coolers.

You should start playing zoom Arty you will smash it even without the hud.

Old
Thu May 16, 2013, 04:52 PM
(#4)
Am i right in the way im working this out? if i earn 14bb say 15bb/100 then i earn 30c every 100 hands so then say i played 1400 hands i would do 30x14=4.20 but pt3 says i made 7.78 but then i looked at my balance and i know i what i started with and to my calculations i made 8.63, i dont know but what i do know is what i started with.

Old
Thu May 16, 2013, 04:53 PM
(#5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike2198 View Post
You should start playing zoom Arty you will smash it even without the hud.
I wish that were true. I've only played about 8 Zoom sessions in my life and I lost money in 7 of them!
My game is heavily based on reads, notes and observing table conditions (noticing who's tilted etc). Zoom is also too nitty for me. I'd rather be on a regular table to the left of a player playing a VPIP of 82%, than be amongst the zoom regs with a VPIP of 20%.
I don't deny that Zoom can be more profitable (and it certainly increases your volume) but I found the rapid-fire action and frequent coolers were giving me a heart condition! I'd have to change my strategy somewhat, and I'm in no hurry to do that at the moment. (If I'm still short of my VPP goal towards the end of the month, you might find me losing many stacks in a short period on Zoom, however).

Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu May 16, 2013, 05:07 PM
(#6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike2198 View Post
Am i right in the way im working this out? if i earn 14bb say 15bb/100 then i earn 30c every 100 hands so then say i played 1400 hands i would do 30x14=4.20 but pt3 says i made 7.78 but then i looked at my balance and i know i what i started with and to my calculations i made 8.63, i dont know but what i do know is what i started with.
If your numbers are based on a mixture of 2NL and 5NL, then that will complicate things, but there's something else to check.
I think that, by default, PokerTracker uses BB/100 (big bets) not bb/100 (big blinds). The confusion stems from when fixed limit was more popular than no limit.
15bb/100 means 30c in 100 hands of 2NL. That would be 7.5BB (Big Bets) per 100.

If you are winning at 14bb/100, then in 1400 hands, you would win 14bb * 14 = 196bb = 196 * 0.02c = $3.92

Working backwards, you can take your winnings and divide it by the total number or hands to find your winrate.
e.g. if you've made $8.63 in X hands, then remove the decimal point and divide it by X to get your profit per 100 hands. e.g. 863/X = profit per 100 hands. Divide that figure by 2 (at 2NL) to get your bb/100, or by 5 if you calculating your 5NL winrate.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu May 16, 2013, 07:32 PM
(#7)
I just tryed that got a load of numbers ive finished up for the night with $14.52 profit over 2715 hands my best winnings yet i hope i can keep this up.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com