Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

[CL] Bankroll Builder | | |

Old
Arrow
[CL] Bankroll Builder | | | - Thu May 16, 2013, 11:35 PM
(#1)
Since: May 2013
I would like to join also. Am I eligible?
I never bought real money, but a friend did transfer me money few times (lost it all fast tho).

Old
Fri May 17, 2013, 12:13 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

Be sure to read THIS just to be be sure of exactly what's on offer with the Bankroll Builder promotion.

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion. Please check back this time tomorrow!

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschoolonline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri May 17, 2013, 10:48 AM
(#3)
Since: Dec 2010
Hello,

You are eligible for the Bankroll Builder promotion, good job!

NB: Bookmark this page so that you'll find it easily in the future

First Step

Watch the following video and pay special attention to the tips on retrieving and saving your hand history from PokerStars. This will be important for the rest of your promotional journey.

After wacthing this please play some PLAY MONEY FULL-RING (9-Handed) tables at PokerStars and using the Hand Replayer post a hand here in this thread that you have questions about.

Here is a video on how to use the hand replayer.

Then when you have that done please have a go at the Poker Basic Course and pass the quiz at the end of the course.

So you have 3 steps to do to begin with and when you have all 3 done we will award you with your first bonus.

1) Watch the 'Getting Started' video
2) Post a 'PLAY MONEY' hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer
3) Pass the Poker Basic course.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 steps completed.

Best of Luck!

Quintuple Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat May 18, 2013, 09:59 AM
(#4)

did i play right this hand?

think i did all the steps required will keep posting hands to ask about tho to learn.
rmgabi

Old
Sun May 19, 2013, 03:50 PM
(#5)
i have done all 3 steps. waiting for hand to be analyzed

Old
Sun May 19, 2013, 04:56 PM
(#6)
Hi,
Hand Analysis

I noticed that you posted your big blind out of turn, I'd suggest not doing this as it will add up overtime.
Sitting on about an 80bb stack we do have some room to maneuver post flop if we flop some equity, on this flop texture we have a total of 4 outs which is minimal, when the villain bets we don't have the correct pot odds/implied odds to make the call..so this should be a fold on the flop.

On the turn we get lucky and hit the inside straight draw, now it's a matter of how can we extract the most value, if we are ranging the villain with Ax I do not mind raising this turn to about 3x to 4x their bet size, but based on this villains bet sizing on the flop and turn it appears they might have a range of Tx that is taking a gun shy approach. The river it's fine to bet the amount that you did, as we can get hero called by maybe Kx high or Tx.

Hope this helps.

CannonLee

Old
Sun May 19, 2013, 05:02 PM
(#7)
Brilliant!

You've done all 3 tasks and you'll get your first bonus in the next 24 hours, good job!

Step Two

Use your first buy-in to only play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables on PokerStars. Do not play any other type of game other than this. Post one hand that you had difficulty with here in this thread using the hand replayer and we will analyze it for you.

Please watch the following video and answer the question below.

List 3 reasons why a player may want to make a big bet?

Then study the Cash Game course and once your happy have a go at attempting the quiz. Don't rush through the course, there's a lot of content there and the quiz is tricky so spend some time on this.

So you have 3 things to do to earn your next bonus.

1) Play the 1/2 cent Real Money tables and post an interesting hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer.
2) Watch the Bet Sizing video and answer the question below it.
3) Study and pass the Cash Game quiz.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 tasks complete and we will award you with your next buy-in.

Best of Luck!

Old
Sun May 19, 2013, 05:50 PM
(#8)
just wondering - may i still use the 2$ i got from a friend to join a tourney, or for now, not play anything for real money other than 1/2 cent tables? and if i have earnings, may i use them for tourneys, or for now, play only cash?

Old
Sun May 19, 2013, 06:03 PM
(#9)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmgabi View Post
just wondering - may i still use the 2$ i got from a friend to join a tourney, or for now, not play anything for real money other than 1/2 cent tables? and if i have earnings, may i use them for tourneys, or for now, play only cash?
Hello,

We would recommend playing just the 1/2 cents cash game fullring tables until you have received all of your Bankroll Builder bonuses, we don't want you to miss out on any

After you've got all of your bonuses then move onto to tournaments if you wish.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun May 19, 2013, 06:30 PM
(#10)
1. To put pressure on opponents.
2. To gain value from top hands.
3. To protect against strong draws.

did i play right those 2 hands? what could i do better?

Old
Mon May 20, 2013, 09:36 AM
(#11)
Hi,
Hand Analysis

Even though we have a decent price to limp our small blind, we should keep in mind that we will be at positional disadvantage post flop and that this hand will generally flop small pairs on most board texture leading us to feel gun shy betting. I'd fold this hand pre-flop, but there is some merit to calling our option as this hand could possibly flop a moister hand "slim" chance though.

Post flop, we have 4 outs to make our straight which is very minimal equity, but..if we do make our straight we cannot be certain that we have the best hand as our outs will also complete a higher straight for one of the villains, it's plausible that one of the villains connected with this board whether it be a pair or an inside straight draw, so I'd elect to check for pot control/save bets in the hopes of turning our hand. Betting 2c on the flop and as well the turn (especially when we do hit our straight) is not going to make value to compensate for variance in the long run, the bet sizing video that you watched and answered the questions at the end illustrated the key reasons why we bet. The river is certainly a tricky spot, but this could have been avoided from the get go by folding pre-flop which ultimately would have led to us saving bets for a better value hand.

Hand Analysis

Even though there are limpers in the pot, they will have position on us post flop..if we had specific reads on these villains that they are playing extremely loose, we should not be trying to isolate them with a thin value hand let alone inflating the pot while out of position as it will make our overall decisions much more difficult post flop, as most A2 to A9 will be splitting the pot on a lot of different board textures.

Post flop, we have now have three of kind Aces, but we cannot be certain we are actually ahead of this villain as they limped called a big raise. (keep in mind that a limping range is usually perceived as weak range, but that's not always the case) our course of action should solely rely on the reads that we have on the villains tendencies and show down ranges based on previously played hands. I'd elect to bet 1/2 pot to get value from possibly Kx on each street coupled with the intentions of pot control, just in case we are out kicked by a stronger range of Ax.

Hope this helps.

CannonLee

Old
Mon May 20, 2013, 09:40 AM
(#12)
So you have 3 things to do to earn your next bonus.

1) Play the 1/2 cent Real Money tables and post an interesting hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer.
[x] COMPLETE

2) Watch the Bet Sizing video and answer the question below it.
[x] COMPLETE

3) Study and pass the Cash Game quiz.
[ ] INCOMPLETE

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 tasks complete and we will award you with your next buy-in.

Kind regards,
CannonLee

Old
Mon May 20, 2013, 12:02 PM
(#13)
hi.
i did pass my cash quiz.
rmgabi

Old
Tue May 21, 2013, 01:39 PM
(#14)
hi, i finished all steps required waiting to see what i need to do next

Old
Tue May 21, 2013, 02:37 PM
(#15)
Hello,

Fantastic!

Your second Bankroll Builder bonus is on it's way to you, great job so far.

Watch this video that will help you on the cash game tables

There are three ways in which you can earn your next bonus.

1) Earn 10 VPPs AFTER receiving your 2nd bonus and you will automatically be credited with your 3rd bonus. Let us know if you hit that target
2) If you lose your 2nd bonus at the tables please post the hands where you lost the money with here in this thread. As soon as you post the losing hands we will advise on the next step.
3) If you make a first deposit at PokerStars you will automatically be awarded your remaining bonuses from the Bankroll Builder promotion.

Best of luck to you at the tables and we are here to help you should you have any questions.

Kind regards,
CannonLee

Old
Sat May 25, 2013, 11:04 AM
(#16)
hi. i think i earned 10 VPPs after i got my 2nd bonus. started with 12.5, and now i have 23.

Old
Sun May 26, 2013, 10:59 AM
(#17)
how do i get my next bonus? got 10 vpps since 2nd

Old
Sun May 26, 2013, 05:18 PM
(#18)
Hello,

Fantastic!

Your third Bankroll Builder bonus is on it's way to you, great job so far.

Best of luck to you at the tables and we are here to help you should you have any questions.

Kind regards,
CannonLee

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com