Ads

Old
Fri May 17, 2013, 07:03 AM
(#2)
Since: Oct 2010
Hi Ads,
Any stats on villain?

I think cbet flop bigger (0.5 - 0.6)
Turn is a c/f imo unless u plan to triple barrel bluff here repping a big pair, but its hard to get people to fold their pairs on 5nl.

Id 2barell different turns: K/Q/J/T - maybe check an A for some pot control or to get paid by PP OTR. If he bets the A when we check we can call and plan to x/f rivers as its not likely for him to be bluffing

Old
Fri May 17, 2013, 07:20 AM
(#3)
Since: Jul 2011
Hi Ads,

Without any reads or stats it's really hard to give any advice as it's unclear whether you should 3bet here preflop. Given that you did I'm going to barrel this flop but as Geo said I'm giving up OTT. The turn brings no fold equity and doesn't improve our hand at all. When we are looking to fire the second barrel we should look for a combination of pot equity and fold equity, for example a diamond broadway would be a great card to fire the turn since it is scary to a lot of his flop calling range and we'll hit a diamond river roughly 1/5 times when he calls. Also when we hit backdoor diamonds we will be getting paid pretty hansomely as players never put you on the backdoor flush.

Oli

Follow me on: Twitter

Old
Fri May 17, 2013, 09:36 AM
(#4)
Since: Jul 2011
BronzeStar
heey ads,

i personaly dont like 3 betting pre flop, after that i think i would play the hand the same way you did.

Triple Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri May 17, 2013, 11:28 AM
(#5)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi Ads,

Once we 3b pre I think it's essential to follow up on the flop with a c-bet. We can get better hands to fold (AJ-AK), and while his small and medium pairs won't fold this flop, there are a ton of good turn barreling cards for us that will make it hard for him to get to showdown. We can barrel an A or T for value, a diamond to semi-bluff, and a K, Q, or J to bluff.

The turn card is not scary to his small/medium pair holding which is the bulk if his flop calling range, nor is it a good barreling card for us, so the options on the turn are basically what geo stated imo:

-Barrel turn, setting up a river bluff shove. This is only a good option against villains that won't stack off a small or medium pair vs. the strength we've shown (repping a big pair). There are certainly villains that will call the flop then fold 66, and ones who will call twice praying you shut down, but be sold by the river shove and let it go. At micro-stakes with no reads, I'm not comfortable making this assumption. Which leaves us with:

-Check and fold.

Since we can narrow the guy to basically a small to medium pocket pair, and no cards come that will dissuade those from calling, just give this one up imo without reads.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com