Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

League Qualifier AA

Old
League Qualifier AA - Fri May 17, 2013, 08:53 AM
(#1)
Since: Jul 2012
Hello,
Is it shove here , already in the money.
Sorry, this hand was deleted by its owner

Old
Fri May 17, 2013, 10:30 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi Shichi-77!

Since I'm already ITM and this is the qualifier league, where the larger money for the individual tourney is in the top 3 spots, I'm absolutely playing to get to a top 3 chip stack now.

When I pick up AA in the SB, I'm looking for someone to give me a reason to shove, as it's a bit much to shove if it's folded to me, as a standard opening raise would be 15% of my stack.
The min raise from the button is exactly what I'm looking for, as a raise of their bet pot-commits me, which makes shoving the expected play. With it being the expected play, the opps can think that I'm doing this much lighter than with AA and can be called by lesser and lesser hands... it's a perfect scenario for me.

I'm shoving here 100% of the time.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri May 17, 2013, 10:42 AM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shichi-77 View Post
Hello,
Is it shove here ,
Yes.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri May 17, 2013, 10:48 AM
(#4)
Since: Jul 2012
thanks so ITM I can play it as usual MTT?

Last edited by Shichi-77; Fri May 17, 2013 at 11:57 AM..

Old
Fri May 17, 2013, 02:44 PM
(#5)
Since: Feb 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shichi-77 View Post
thanks so ITM I can play it as usual MTT?
Absolutely.

As JWK says & Lango agrees - you can take it as read.

The Tournament Prizes in each individual tourney are just as valuable as the points, as there are no league cash prizes in the Qualifier League for positions - just a chance to qualify for Premier League to all top 200 with 20+VPPs. Try to win the tourney as you would a regular MTT,once in the money - go for FT /Top 3/ WIN

The potential extra league points for top positions will also be +EV for the league, and if you do bust here, which will happen sometimes, use your ITM winnings to go again in the next game for more points.

Only possible exception might be at the end of the month when you think lasting a few more orbits will guarantee you the Premier league ticket - but you would need to be sure that has enough potential value to you to give up the chance of a tourney win here. Next month's premier league you might win $20+, but you could have a very good chance of $20+ from this single tourney (though a lower top limit) when you make your +EV tourney shove here - so I think it would be a very rare situation to have any other action here than getting the chips in fast.

Ed

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com