Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

25nl - TT. What is the best preflop action?

Old
25nl - TT. What is the best preflop action? - Fri May 17, 2013, 11:57 AM
(#1)
Since: Jul 2011
The MP player has been playing ABC for the 53 hands he's been at the table. I haven't seen him showdown anything worth noting. His stats are 26/19/0 AF 6.0, He's cbet 1/2 times so nothing worth noting.

The SB player is a big fish 73/07/0 AF 1.6 (30 hands).

I'm unsure what the best option is here, flatting or 3betting. I think I like 3betting to around $2.50 but I'd like to hear what people think.

If we flat we get in for cheap but we will have to x/c vs the MP player on a lot of boards since we risk being bluffed way too often. On the other hand 3betting will often isolate us vs the weak player and if the MP player 4bets we have an easy fold. When we get two calls we will be able to value bet pretty thinly as the fish will call us light and the MP player will give up when he misses.

What do you think?

Follow me on: Twitter

Old
Fri May 17, 2013, 12:13 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
I'm not calling, as I don't want them to get the opportunity of seeing the flop unless they pay
I like to 3Bet here to $3.25 and we'll see the flop and then decide
Why $3.25, get rid of at least one player and if they both fold, take the money and run.

That's how I would of played it, not necessarily the right way

Old
Fri May 17, 2013, 04:48 PM
(#3)
Since: Nov 2007
Interesting hand, certainly 3 betting but I am not sure if I am folding to a 4 bet from villain 6. It really would depend on the sizing, and if the fish called/ shoved or folded.

If he and/or the fish call I am also c betting nearly every flop.

Cheers,

TC

Old
Fri May 17, 2013, 06:53 PM
(#4)
Since: Oct 2010
Flat call for me, fish is too shallow to justify a raise.

Old
Sat May 18, 2013, 04:22 PM
(#5)
(Head Trainer)
Hi Oli,

I think it's a great spot to 3b and isolate on the 73/7 guy. I like to raise big here, like 3.50 to go, which really discourages the PFR from continuing in position on us, but the fish will be prone to call anyway being so loose. If he does, there'll be 7.75 in the pot with 6.50 behind, so we can get it in on most flops very comfortably.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat May 18, 2013, 05:15 PM
(#6)
Since: Jan 2013
What do you do then when the flop has a J K Q or a A on if you start checking a reg is gonna take that pot away? The last ten hands or so i played at zoom where i was dealt pockets 10s i always get a flop with broadways on and my hand isnt worth anything then and i end up folding so il like calling with these sort of hands when two players atleast are in the pot so when the board comes AT7 and villain has TPTK i can take his stack or is there a way to make my tens more profitable?

Old
Sat May 18, 2013, 05:34 PM
(#7)
(Head Trainer)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike2198 View Post
What do you do then when the flop has a J K Q or a A on if you start checking a reg is gonna take that pot away?
Luckily for us the only thing this opponent is regular at is calling.

I am putting him all in on any board with a single overcard without hesitation, because he will rarely have hit that card with such a wide range AND he will stack off a lot of worse hands. That's what 73/7 guys are good at.

Most boards will have 0 or 1 overcard. If there's 2, I still may put him in, or check behind sometimes and fold if he shoves the turn.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com