Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

fr 5nl 3

Old
fr 5nl 3 - Sun May 19, 2013, 05:49 AM
(#1)
Since: Jul 2011
BronzeStar
http://www.boomplayer.com/poker-hand...556_E5F6A2B03F
this last hand might seem like a really standard hand but its the first time i get my kk in vs a tag pre flop.
off course i open kk utg, then i get 3 bet by the button who is playing 19-17 with a 3bet of 14. the bb calls this guy is playing 10-9 with 3.7 3bet i think his ranges i 1010 jj qq ak an dmaybe kk i think he would 4 bet kk and aa here. i decide to 4 bet because the button can have allot of hands here and im ehaead of the range of the bb tag. the button folds and now the bb shoves. from his origenal range i think he would fold 1010 and jj he might call qq but i think he would fold that to. so ak kk and aa are left. kk is just a very slim chance since i already have kk and im not sure if he would jam that or just would flat. aa i think he would have alreadye raised but i might have gone wrong on that read and ak he should be folding here but he might think he is best and just jam it to not get in dificult spots post flop. so actually no hand makes allot of sence except kk. i dont think he is steaming here and he could always have aa that he played a ltile passively. i was concidering folding but decided to call what do you guys think of my play here?

Triple Bracelet Winner

Last edited by adohole; Sun May 19, 2013 at 11:08 AM..

Old
Sun May 19, 2013, 11:30 AM
(#2)
Since: Oct 2011
I'm calling all in and not thinking twice about it. The back-raise certainly indicates a strong hand, but he can do this with various pairs, because he puts you on AK.
Villain got tricky with AA here, but I'm pretty sure he makes the same play with QQ/JJ occasionally. I really wouldn't worry about it and wouldn't consider folding KK pre-flop at 5NL for 100bb like ever.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun May 19, 2013, 03:17 PM
(#3)
Since: Nov 2012
+1 to Arty. Just get KK in at NL5 without thinking about it too much. You're going to be ahead over 50% of the time, and you don't even need that after putting $1.20 in the middle with the 4-bet; you only need 36% equity to make this a call. Even if he only does this with AA, KK and AKs it's close to being a call (32% equity); any QQ at all, and it's good. It's just a cooler, and it'll happen the other way around often enough.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com