Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

Which do you prefer to play 9 player or 6 player SNG? and why?

Old
Which do you prefer to play 9 player or 6 player SNG? and why? - Sun May 19, 2013, 04:01 PM
(#1)
Since: Feb 2013
BronzeStar
Here on PS, I noticed a 9 player SNG and a 6 player SNG.
The differences are going to be the number of starting players and the number of prizes or places paid out.

( same buy in, same turbo or not, same skill level, your choice )

Which do you prefer?

You can place yourself against better players, or worse or more loose.

Do you like the speed of a 6 player SNG to get to two paid places
or the more opportunity for play or to recover with 9 players and 3 paid spots.

Personally, I like the 9 player SNG.
I find it is still relatively fast,
but I get much more of a sense of read, more chances to make a 'play'
more chances to recover from a failed play or bad beat.
6 players SNG seem to play a little too wild for me, and there is little time for 'play'
It is more of a duck shoot.

I wonder which is more popular on the sites?

Old
Sun May 19, 2013, 04:10 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
BronzeStar
Don't know if this would be a factor, but anyone in the Battle of the Planets may want to check out the points earned for making it to the money and how many are needed to qualify for the weekly prizes. As an example, Mercury needs better than 425 points for top 100 and 525 points for the monthly big game. All I would say is do the math for breakeven and top prize money.

Old
Wed Oct 16, 2013, 09:45 AM
(#3)
Since: Sep 2011
6 player is better more hands and alot faster

Old
Wed Oct 16, 2013, 09:45 AM
(#4)
Since: Sep 2011
but long tournys I like 9 player

Old
Wed Oct 16, 2013, 10:13 PM
(#5)
Since: May 2013
I'd say I like 9-man SnGs more. There's more time to wait for good hands and more time to let the LAGs take each other out. But there's an exception: 6-man satellites. Top 2 places get a ticket AND the 3rd place gets you the leftover cash.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com