Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

Bankroll Builder Promotion

Old
Bankroll Builder Promotion - Sun May 19, 2013, 06:54 PM
(#1)
Since: May 2013
BronzeStar
I would like to participate the bankroll builder promotion...

Old
Sun May 19, 2013, 08:21 PM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by br_Playa View Post
I would like to participate the bankroll builder promotion...
Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

Be sure to read THIS just to be be sure of exactly what's on offer with the Bankroll Builder promotion.

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion. Please check back this time tomorrow!

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschoolonline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon May 20, 2013, 12:03 PM
(#3)
Since: Apr 2011
Hello br_Playa,

You are eligible for the Bankroll Builder promotion, good job!

NB: Bookmark this page so that you'll find it easily in the future

First Step

Watch the following video and pay special attention to the tips on retrieving and saving your hand history from PokerStars. This will be important for the rest of your promotional journey.

After wacthing this please play some PLAY MONEY FULL-RING (9-Handed) tables at PokerStars and using the Hand Replayer post a hand here in this thread that you have questions about.

Here is a video on how to use the hand replayer.

Then when you have that done please have a go at the Poker Basic Course and pass the quiz at the end of the course.

So you have 3 steps to do to begin with and when you have all 3 done we will award you with your first bonus.

1) Watch the 'Getting Started' video
2) Post a 'PLAY MONEY' hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer
3) Pass the Poker Basic course.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 steps completed.

Best of Luck!

flophitter

Old
Part I - Completed - Mon May 20, 2013, 05:33 PM
(#4)
BronzeStar

All done.

Old
Tue May 21, 2013, 05:37 PM
(#5)
BronzeStar

Old
Wed May 22, 2013, 05:47 PM
(#6)
BronzeStar
I`ve watched the video, posted the hand and passed the course....now what?

Old
Thu May 23, 2013, 01:16 PM
(#7)
BronzeStar
flophitter??

Old
Thu May 23, 2013, 05:04 PM
(#8)
Whoops, sorry for the delay - Thanks for posting the hand, we'll have the hand analysis done shortly. Then I'll give you your first bonus followed by your next steps

Old
Thu May 23, 2013, 05:35 PM
(#9)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi br_Playa!

With 9To from the BB, I get 5 limps in front of me. Since this is nowhere near a strong enough hand to raise with, I will gladly check and see a free flop.
If I did raise, I would need to make a standard raise to 3BB+1BB for each limper. With 5 limpers, I would need to bet 8BB or 80. I do not want to raise less as I can be giving the opps the correct odds to try to outdraw me.

I flop an OESD with bottom pair. While I do have a hand with potential, bottom pair is probably not ahead here, so I will check and hope to see a free turn card. If I did make a value bet, with 4 opps, I would need to make a pot-sized bet of 260 here. If I bet less, once again, I would be making a bet where I expect to lose chips and not gain chips, as the opps can get the correct odds to try to beat me (if I'm not beat already).

The turn gives me 2 pair, but there are multiple possible made straights. I'm going to check here and hope for a free 9 or 10 on the river.

The river gives the board a straight and the first opp shoves. Since anyone that has Kx beats me here (since I can only play the board), I need to muck. I cannot win the hand here, I can only chop the pot and it's not worth it to call a shove here without a hand that I can win the pot with if the others have to play the board.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu May 23, 2013, 06:24 PM
(#10)
Brilliant!

You've done all 3 tasks and you'll get your first bonus in the next 24 hours, good job!

Step Two

Use your first buy-in to only play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables on PokerStars. Do not play any other type of game other than this. Post one hand that you had difficulty with here in this thread using the hand replayer and we will analyze it for you.

Please watch the following video and answer the question below.

List 3 reasons why a player may want to make a big bet?

Then study the Cash Game course and once your happy have a go at attempting the quiz. Don't rush through the course, there's a lot of content there and the quiz is tricky so spend some time on this.

So you have 3 things to do to earn your next bonus.

1) Play the 1/2 cent Real Money tables and post an interesting hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer.
2) Watch the Bet Sizing video and answer the question below it.
3) Study and pass the Cash Game quiz.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 tasks complete and we will award you with your next buy-in.

Best of Luck!

flophitter

Old
Part II - Completed - Fri May 24, 2013, 10:36 AM
(#11)
BronzeStar
The 3 reasons are:

- To put pressure on opponents
- To gain value from very strong hands
- To bluff people off decent hands

I`ve passed the cash game course.

Here`s one hand I had some difficulties....do you think the other guy had a Queen?

Playa.

Old
Fri May 24, 2013, 11:23 AM
(#12)
Great thanks for posting the hand, we'll provide the analysis here soon.

Old
Fri May 24, 2013, 12:37 PM
(#13)
Since: Oct 2011
Hi br_Playa! I'll take a look at this hand.

You have ATs in the hijack seat. This hand is strong enough to raise with in this position, but I would stick with the standard size of 3bb. There's a fair chance you don't have the best hand, and you will have to fold to a re-raise, so you want to minimise your losses if that happens. When you make larger than usual raises, it's hard for worse hands to call, and worse hands calling is exactly what you want to happen.
Here, the cuttoff calls and the blinds fold, so you're heads up on the flop, but villain has position on you, so this hand could be tricky to play profitably.
The flop comes a QT7 rainbow. There are a few draws on this board (e.g. KJ, J9, 98), but mostly you'll only get action from queens and tens.
If I'd made top pair, or missed the flop completely, I'd make a c-bet here. It would either be a bet for value (hoping to get called by worse) or a bluff (hoping villain will fold). Here you have middle pair. This isn't really strong enough to bet for value, so what I would do here is check, because I want to keep the pot small. I would call a bet of about half pot, but if villain bets more than that, I'd fold, because he probably has a queen. Your c-bet is too big here. As with pre-flop, if you make a large bet (in relation to the size of the pot), it's hard to get called by worse.
Villain calls the big bet, so it seems very likely he has top pair. The pot is now getting big, which is the last thing you want with a marginal hand like second pair. The turn comes a total blank. The doesn't change anything. If you bet here, all the hands that called on the flop are calling again. I would definitely check here. You want to get to a cheap showdown. By betting again, you are "value-owning" yourself. Villain is almost never calling with hands you beat. He's only continuing with better hands. That's especially true when you bet 60% of pot. Ask yourself. Would you call another big bet here if you had worse than 2nd pair? Of course not! Villain may be sticking around with KJ, but most of the time he has a queen. You're basically just throwing your money away; building a big pot with the worst hand.
The river comes an 8. This completes a straight for J9 which is a hand that had an OESD on the flop, but it also doesn't scare a hand like KQ. Finally, you check, which is good, because villain can't possibly call a bet with a worse hand than yours. He bets for value and you fold.

I think the main lesson you can learn from this hand is to try and keep the pot small with marginal hands. 2nd pair is a weak hand. If you can get it to showdown cheaply, by checking and calling, it might win sometimes. Building a big pot with a weak hand is a bad idea, because you'll be losing almost always. Save your big bets for when you have a big hand.

Hope this helps!
Cheers,
Arty

Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri May 24, 2013, 01:01 PM
(#14)
BronzeStar
Cheers Arty, thanks for the lesson !

Playa.

Old
Fri May 24, 2013, 03:42 PM
(#15)
Hello br_Playa,

Fantastic!

Your second Bankroll Builder bonus is on it's way to you, great job so far.

Watch this video that will help you on the cash game tables

There are three ways in which you can earn your next bonus.

1) Earn 10 VPPs AFTER receiving your 2nd bonus and you will automatically be credited with your 3rd bonus. Let us know if you hit that target
2) If you lose your 2nd bonus at the tables please post the hands where you lost the money with here in this thread. As soon as you post the losing hands we will advise on the next step.
3) If you make a first deposit at PokerStars you will automatically be awarded your remaining bonuses from the Bankroll Builder promotion.

Best of luck to you at the tables and we are here to help you should you have any questions.

flophitter

Old
Fri May 24, 2013, 03:54 PM
(#16)
BronzeStar
If I make a first deposit with the code ´FREE20` do I still get the remaining bonuses($4) from the promotion?

Playa

Old
Fri May 24, 2013, 04:02 PM
(#17)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by br_Playa View Post
If I make a first deposit with the code ´FREE20` do I still get the remaining bonuses($4) from the promotion?

Playa
Yes, you will

It might take up to 24 hours after you make your deposit before it registers on our system, so if you don't get it straight away don't worry, that's normal

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com