Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

5NL 6-max Zoom AJo

Old
5NL 6-max Zoom AJo - Sun May 19, 2013, 10:52 PM
(#1)
Since: Jan 2012
I only had 5 hands on the player, so HUD's stats are irrelevant.
Should I've raised PF ? Should I've raised on the flop ?
the overbet on the river seemed strong, he could do it with 55 or 88 but also with a lot of Ax type of hands. so I decided to call. Is my read good here ?

Thanks

Old
Mon May 20, 2013, 05:40 AM
(#2)
Since: Oct 2010
Hi fp_boss,

BvB I was thinking of calling down, but the over bet OTR kind of gave away his hand strength.

We can agree that it is less likely that he is bluffing in this spot since you have called two streets which is enough information for him to know that you have atleast an A.

Hands you beat: A2,A3,A4,A6,A9,AT (24 combos)
Hands you lose to: A5,A7,A8,AQ,AK, 88,55,77 (29 combos)
Hands you split: AJ (5 combos)

If I counted the combinations correctly, I think we have to fold (especially with the bet sizing OTR)

Old
Mon May 20, 2013, 06:16 AM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2011
(Live Trainer)
I like your line.

You can 3-bet pre for value against the majority of villains as it's a blindbattle, but without infos I like flatting just a tad better too.

As played I would not plan on folding the hand anywhere. You are at the top of your range in a blind on blind spot, the flushdraw wiffed and villain could sometimes be valuebetting worse. I'd take a note afterwards and adjust to his betsizings by making bigger folds in spots like these in the future.

Live Trainer

Old
Mon May 20, 2013, 06:23 AM
(#4)
Since: Oct 2010
Interesting!

For the record, in game I think I would have called too.
But felix, don't you think it might be too big of an assumption that SB would be bluffing in this spot after we have called twice to sizable raises and now he overbets?

Old
Mon May 20, 2013, 08:43 AM
(#5)
Since: Jun 2011
(Live Trainer)
Quote:
Originally Posted by geoVARTA View Post
Interesting!

For the record, in game I think I would have called too.
But felix, don't you think it might be too big of an assumption that SB would be bluffing in this spot after we have called twice to sizable raises and now he overbets?
It would definitely not be one of those fistpump calls but I still think it's a spot where we should not fold given we are in a Blind on Blind spot with our hand being within the top of our range. Even if SB isn't bluffing a whole lot he "could" at least sometimes valuebet worse (especially when we might find out later that he is a recreational player). It's not a huge overbet just barely more than the pot so we would probably need to be good > 35% of the time.

Live Trainer

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com