Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Software & Videos & Literature /

HUD Software Question.

Old
HUD Software Question. - Mon May 20, 2013, 08:15 AM
(#1)
Since: May 2013
SilverStar
Hi. I've been playing for a while now but never really used HUD software or anything that much.

I was just wondering does anyone have any good suggestions on software like Tournament Indicator? TI doesn't work well on my computer so I am looking for other options for my tournament play. I was also looking for something similar to MagicHodem? Just looking for software with more of a simplistic/user friendly interface! THAT WORKS.

If anyone out there could maybe throw me some ideas it would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks guys!

Old
Mon May 20, 2013, 09:18 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
both Hold'em Manager 2 and pokertracker 4 have huds that are customizable.

Which every piece of software you choice you need to check its allowed at Pokerstars first.

Grade b

I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon May 20, 2013, 09:25 AM
(#3)
Since: Oct 2011
EvokeNZ did a nice review of the most popular HUDs on her blog HERE.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon May 20, 2013, 09:59 AM
(#4)
SilverStar
I have read the allow/prohibited software list on the PS website. I did also read the review on software as well. Like I said I am looking for something similar to Tournament Indicator. I am currently using Magic Holdem like I said but it's too buggy. I am looking to find soemthing else that has a simple interface. So if anyone has there own opinion on ALLOWED software and something similar too tournament indicator PLEASE let me know!

Cheers!

Old
Mon May 20, 2013, 10:36 AM
(#5)
Since: Feb 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by TommysgotAs View Post
I have read the allow/prohibited software list on the PS website. I did also read the review on software as well. Like I said I am looking for something similar to Tournament Indicator. I am currently using Magic Holdem like I said but it's too buggy. I am looking to find soemthing else that has a simple interface. So if anyone has there own opinion on ALLOWED software and something similar too tournament indicator PLEASE let me know!

Cheers!
I use Holdem Manager but you can customise the HUD to your liking. You can keep it as simple or as complicated as you like.

Old
Mon May 20, 2013, 11:25 AM
(#6)
SilverStar
Ok I may give that one a try Thanks!

Old
Mon May 20, 2013, 11:45 AM
(#7)
Since: Jun 2010
BronzeStar
One thing you might want to consider are the free trial use periods. This gives you an excellent opportunity to try out most of the features. I wasn't impressed by the Indicator series due to the short trial period of 48 hours compared to 30 days for PokerTracker and Holdem Manager. I was about to try the first one when Black Friday hit. Didn't make sense to get a tracking program if you can only participate in play chip action. Even more useless now since the dot-net version doesn't allow hand histories, which is needed for any tracking program.

Old
Mon May 20, 2013, 02:09 PM
(#8)
SilverStar
Way ahead of you there! I am on a trial for MH right now but it's a bit buggy. and I definitely agree with you about the Indicator software (That's why I am trying to find an alternative.) Anyway thank you for the input!

Just in general I'm looking to see what people have EXPERIENCE with and what they like/what has been working well. Keep throwing names out people!

Old
Mon May 20, 2013, 03:26 PM
(#9)
Since: Oct 2011
The industry standards are Holdem Manager and PokerTracker. Both take a little while to set up, but they have more features than anything else, and get bug fixes and updates frequently.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon May 20, 2013, 03:37 PM
(#10)
SilverStar
Thank you Arty!

Cheers!

Old
Wed May 22, 2013, 03:45 AM
(#11)
Since: Mar 2012
BronzeStar
If you are trying to learn i think Magic Holdem is very nice, if you are advanced or regular at the tables then HM & PT.
I use Magic Holdem as well, they miss some stats in the HUD but i believe its the best tool for beginners and intermediate players. Holdem manager and PT4 are too complicated for me.
Good luck

Old
Wed May 22, 2013, 08:55 AM
(#12)
Since: Mar 2013
rumour has it that cool people use holdem manager

Old
Wed May 22, 2013, 10:12 AM
(#13)
SilverStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ouchbadbeat View Post
rumour has it that cool people use holdem manager
LOL! Good to know! Guess i'm not that cool cuz I WAS using the free trial for MagicHoldem (until I can find the right software.)

Soooooo.... I guess do it it's high regard, I will be trying out HOLDEM MANAGERRRRR!

THANKS GUYS!

Cheers.

P.S. Does anyone here use table ninja for Multi Tabling? I know it's allowed on PS and a bunch of people use it, looks pretty interesting! I've always been doing things the hard way; should have probably gotten this a long time ago

Old
Wed May 22, 2013, 10:45 AM
(#14)
Since: Jan 2013
I've tried both hem and pt3, I like pt3 better and ive looked at vids of pt4 and that looks even better but i heard you cant make the hud smaller on pt4 when your multi tabling.

Il look into this further next week when my trial ends and il have to buy one of them, if i cant shrink the hud on pt4 though il be buying hem2.

Old
Wed May 22, 2013, 11:17 AM
(#15)
SilverStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike2198 View Post
I've tried both hem and pt3, I like pt3 better and ive looked at vids of pt4 and that looks even better but i heard you cant make the hud smaller on pt4 when your multi tabling.

Il look into this further next week when my trial ends and il have to buy one of them, if i cant shrink the hud on pt4 though il be buying hem2.

Ya Mike let me know what you end up getting! I got PT before MagicHoldem but ran into a couple problems so I just started using MH like I said but ya I'm going to really look into HEM.

Cheers!

Old
Sat Jun 01, 2013, 10:26 AM
(#16)
Since: Apr 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by TommysgotAs View Post
P.S. Does anyone here use table ninja for Multi Tabling? I know it's allowed on PS and a bunch of people use it, looks pretty interesting! I've always been doing things the hard way; should have probably gotten this a long time ago
I think Table Ninja would only be worth it if you regularly 12+ tabled on Stars. Since Stars lets you set up basic hot keys, that is more than enough for me.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com