Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

5NL 6-max Zoom KK

Old
5NL 6-max Zoom KK - Mon May 20, 2013, 09:05 AM
(#1)
Since: Jan 2012
Hi, there's no stats on teh villain.
That's the reason why I don't like 4B here to 3-4x since things like these could happen. I think I'll switch back to just shoving to squeezes or 3B w/ hands like these.
I folded the flop, but I've ranged the villain on AK,QQ,JJ. Ahould I've called the shove ? (maybe he's trying to make me fold hands like JJ,QQ and so on)
Any thoughts on how I've played this hand ?

Thanks

Old
Mon May 20, 2013, 09:46 AM
(#2)
Since: Oct 2010
hey fp_boss, no need to make your 4bet so big I think going 3x his 3bet is more than enough.
If he has anything good to compete for an all in then he will push and you would be happy to call. Making it so big will fold out his bad hands.
No need to bump your head on the wall when he ships the flop I think folding is right, without any strong reads calling here is going to be a spew. This guy looks pretty fishy though so take note.

Old
Mon May 20, 2013, 11:29 AM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi fp,

Please don't start monkey-shoving over small 3b's for 100bb's. When you do that you make it really hard for opponents to make mistakes.

The 4b you made is a little big but .75c is too small imo, with the button calling behind us.I think $1 to go is about right. It leaves the door open for V2 to make a big mistake by allowing the illusion of fold equity to remain.

Fold to the flop shove is fine. Mighty kind of him to let us off the hook and not put us in a position where we feel compelled to c-bet.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon May 20, 2013, 12:48 PM
(#4)
Since: Apr 2013
Hi,

Sorry to introduce this thread, but what does it mean "monkey-shoving"?

Thanks

Old
Mon May 20, 2013, 01:12 PM
(#5)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Babelle77 View Post
Hi,

Sorry to introduce this thread, but what does it mean "monkey-shoving"?

Thanks
Feel free to jump into any thread here.

Monkey-shoving is a term sometimes used to describe all in bets or raises that are grossly large overbets. It is almost never a good play. I made the comment because fp was frustrated with what happened in this hand and said maybe he should just 4-bet shove over 3-bet squeezes, but that is not good, it's both being a bit results oriented by what happened here, and being scared to lose. It is generally far more lucrative playing to win than playing not to lose.

In this case, he opened to 3x the big blind, the opponent re-raised to 5x the big blind... shoving for 100x the big blind would be a grossly large overbet.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com