Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

sat to scoop

Old
sat to scoop - Mon May 20, 2013, 10:37 AM
(#1)
Since: Jul 2011
Hi can you let me know what you would of done here please this was a sat to get a scoop $109 ticket 25 tickets and $34 for 26th.
i only had just over 5bb and when i see the 99 straight away i thought im allin then two called before me so did i do the right thing or not please.

i finished 76th in the end
thanks for looking.
joker

Last edited by JokerAce68; Mon May 20, 2013 at 10:39 AM..

Old
Mon May 20, 2013, 11:14 AM
(#2)
Since: May 2012
BronzeStar
your situation is tough. it could be a while before you get another decent all in hand. but with 2 players all in before you can act, i would fold. if you had QQ, KK, AA its a definite all in. JJ is a maybe. i was expecting those players to have AJ or better, pockets or something... but its a definite fold with 2 other players. more players means less chance for you no matter what their hands are.

Old
Mon May 20, 2013, 12:25 PM
(#3)
Since: Jul 2011
Thanks for your reply loucetios i get what your saying about the two before me but people were going allin with crazy hands and i thought to my self i may not get a better hand as i only had 5bb and antes were 2000 i felt even better when i see they both had aces in their hands but gutted when the ace came on the flop.
but i get what you are saying and i most probably would of folded if i had more chips.
thankyou.
joker

Old
Mon May 20, 2013, 02:06 PM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi joker,

For some reason the hand isn't showing in the replayer for me, so I can't see stack sizes of the other players. But with only 5bb's and no where near the ticket bubble yet, I think it's hard to find a fold for me personally. If both all ins were tight players or putting big stacks at risk, I could find one. But as described with them making crazy all ins, I am not releasing 99 here.

Satellite considerations don't really come into it, with 76 left and only 25 tickets we are going to have to get some chips to get there for sure, so I don't think we can pass up a reasonable chance to get to 17bb's. It's not the most exciting proposition with 2 all ins, but vs. potential crazy ranges we can't pass it imo being this short.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon May 20, 2013, 10:19 PM
(#5)
Since: May 2012
BronzeStar
yea after i posted my comment i was thinking... '5BB isnt going to last long so this is an all in hand' id take TheLangolier's advise rather than mine

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com