Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Challenges & Battleground & Member Blogs /

Tommys Summer Challange 2013

Old
Tommys Summer Challange 2013 - Mon May 20, 2013, 12:12 PM
(#1)
Since: May 2013
SilverStar
Hey everyone! I don't think I qualify for the "Time Vault" promo but I've read about all these challenges and got inspired to do one myself. Starting May 31st I will be starting with $50 and am going to try and turn that into $1000 by the end of the summer. Sees like a pretty big goal but I know I can do it and I was able to turn a small sum into over 1k before. Although before I got some help from big Tournys.

Anyway, I haven't set up a concrete plan on whether I will do it tackling the SNGs, Cash Tables, or whatever. But I know I have time on my hands, I'm motivated, and ready to tackle this challenge!

I would like to know what the community thinks about what approach to take. I'm just curious to see how others have done it or just others opinions. Since I won't be starting until 31st I am still planning out and have been playing the Open Skill and Priv tournaments.

I say I am not new to poker and definitely not afraid of anything.

If anyone has any helpful suggestions on a good start up strategy that they used just so I can get some Ideas, that would be great!

I will be updating this as I go along but I hope to reach my goal by Sept 1st, 2013. If I make it before then I will set a new goal for myself. If I bust... well I fail the challenge

I will post my plan closer to the start date.

Cheers Guys!

Old
Mon May 20, 2013, 12:38 PM
(#2)
Since: Dec 2012
Good luck with your challenge, seems like an interesting goal that could be achieved through some hard work. As for spinning up your $50, play whatever you're most comfortable at. Usually this corresponds with what you make the most profit at.

I believe that playing the micro MTTs will be the fastest way to build up a roll. Just takes one deep run to double, triple, or 10x your bankroll!

PS: I don't know why, but your name seems awfully familiar.

Old
Mon May 20, 2013, 12:43 PM
(#3)
SilverStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Built-byTilt View Post
Good luck with your challenge, seems like an interesting goal that could be achieved through some hard work. As for spinning up your $50, play whatever you're most comfortable at. Usually this corresponds with what you make the most profit at.

I believe that playing the micro MTTs will be the fastest way to build up a roll. Just takes one deep run to double, triple, or 10x your bankroll!

PS: I don't know why, but your name seems awfully familiar.

Well I've been around PS for a while (On/Off) and played A LOT of different kinds of tournaments, so I wouldn't be surprised if you've seen me around!

Anyways, Ya I was leaning towards the SNG's but I'm not sure if I want to do Single Or MTT. I'm just want to get an Idea of how others have approached it before so I can get a better idea on what the best direction to go.

Thank you for your input Built-ByTilt!

Old
Mon May 20, 2013, 03:26 PM
(#4)
SilverStar
Anymore suggestions/opinions would be appreciated! Just trying to get an idea here. I'm kind of thinking doing miro MTTs but I'm torn between those and the Single Table SNGs

Old
Mon May 20, 2013, 04:19 PM
(#5)
Since: Feb 2011
Bankroll, bankroll, bankroll. Don't be going too high a stakes and make sure your bankroll can take the hits. Remember bankroll must go down as well as up. If you find yourself on a bad run after winning at a level then drop down and fix your problems, don't be thinking your luck will change.

As to games, play whatever you're comfortable at and whatever you like.

Good luck, I'll follow this.

Old
Mon May 20, 2013, 05:08 PM
(#6)
SilverStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ovalman View Post
Bankroll, bankroll, bankroll. Don't be going too high a stakes and make sure your bankroll can take the hits. Remember bankroll must go down as well as up. If you find yourself on a bad run after winning at a level then drop down and fix your problems, don't be thinking your luck will change.

As to games, play whatever you're comfortable at and whatever you like.

Good luck, I'll follow this.

Thank you for the input!

I know it'd be a good idea to do the cash tables because you can earn the FPP quicker but I seem to do better at SNGs (not that i'm bad at cash.) I just gotta think if I want to do the 1 table $1.50 SNGS or the 25c-50c MTT maybe even $1 MTTs until I can get to about $100. Maybe do a few singles tables at a time then throw in a MTT in the mix.

Anyone else is still welcome to share an opinion or talk about their experience! Much appreciated!

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com