Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

[CL] Bankroll Builder | | | |

Old
Arrow
[CL] Bankroll Builder | | | | - Mon May 20, 2013, 03:56 PM
(#1)
Since: May 2013
I'm new to PSO and would like to take place in the bankroll builder promotion.

Old
Mon May 20, 2013, 05:17 PM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinoyWonder View Post
I'm new to PSO and would like to take place in the bankroll builder promotion.
Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

Be sure to read THIS just to be be sure of exactly what's on offer with the Bankroll Builder promotion.

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion. Please check back this time tomorrow!

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschoolonline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue May 21, 2013, 06:46 AM
(#3)
Since: Dec 2010
Hello,

You are eligible for the Bankroll Builder promotion, good job!

NB: Bookmark this page so that you'll find it easily in the future

First Step

Watch the following video and pay special attention to the tips on retrieving and saving your hand history from PokerStars. This will be important for the rest of your promotional journey.

After wacthing this please play some PLAY MONEY FULL-RING (9-Handed) tables at PokerStars and using the Hand Replayer post a hand here in this thread that you have questions about.

Here is a video on how to use the hand replayer.

Then when you have that done please have a go at the Poker Basic Course and pass the quiz at the end of the course.

So you have 3 steps to do to begin with and when you have all 3 done we will award you with your first bonus.

1) Watch the 'Getting Started' video
2) Post a 'PLAY MONEY' hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer
3) Pass the Poker Basic course.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 steps completed.

Best of Luck!

Quintuple Bracelet Winner

Old
Bankroll Builder Step 1 - Tue May 21, 2013, 08:05 AM
(#4)
1.)Watched

2.) replay... not a hand i'm happy about but all the other were preflop allins from random people

Preflop - late position I wanted to see the flop it was cheap since noone had raised

On the Flop - our villian bets out on a mostly uncoordinated flop i have one spade and a mid pair but i've seen him play just about everything so my gut says jack or 10. I call to reevaluate on the turn.

Turn - comes up a blank for me and villian bets out 30 into a 30 something pot showing strength and not having any other reliable outs i decide to fold and wait for a better spot

3.) Passed

Last edited by PinoyWonder; Tue May 21, 2013 at 08:27 AM..

Old
Tue May 21, 2013, 02:21 PM
(#5)
Hi,

Hand Analysis

Sitting on about a 200bb stack with a decent value hand in late position I'd be looking to isolate one of the EP (early position) limpers or the villain in the small blind, generally a limping range is perceived as a weak range.

There is not much to be worried about by inflating the pot with a raise (3x the big blind +1bb for each limper) on such a deep stack depth, our stack has enough room to maneuver without getting pot committed in a marginal spot, we'll most likely have a positional advantage post flop if the BTN (button) folds pre-flop, also our hand flops well (decent top pair/top kicker, equity to a flush, straight etc..) By doing this, it will greatly increase our overall hand strength/equity in the hand coupled with making our post flop decisions much easier by thinning the amount of players involved in the pot.

Post flop, when the villain in the SB (small blind) bets in to a family pot, it shows strength! But given that we have specific reads of the villains tendencies based on previously played hands at the table, could we factor in that they are capable of semi-bluffing with a flush draw or quite possibly an open ended straight draw? It's plausible. But our course of action should be based on their previous bet sizes/showdown ranges, they could easily have a wide range of Jx or the occasional premium pocket pair that decided to limp. I would maybe raise this flop for thin value as there are several turn cards that detour our line and likely the villain to, also I'd expect if we raised this flop the villain would take a passive line on future streets as we now have the initiative while being in position.

The way the hand played out, the turn fold is fine although it's not really a scare card for us or the villain, so there could be some room to float another street as we do have 'some thin show down value' on this board texture.

Wait for a good value hand!

Hope this helps.

CannonLee

Old
Tue May 21, 2013, 02:31 PM
(#6)
Brilliant!

You've done all 3 tasks and you'll get your first bonus in the next 24 hours, good job!

Step Two

Use your first buy-in to only play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables on PokerStars. Do not play any other type of game other than this. Post one hand that you had difficulty with here in this thread using the hand replayer and we will analyze it for you.

Please watch the following video and answer the question below.

List 3 reasons why a player may want to make a big bet?

Then study the Cash Game course and once your happy have a go at attempting the quiz. Don't rush through the course, there's a lot of content there and the quiz is tricky so spend some time on this.

So you have 3 things to do to earn your next bonus.

1) Play the 1/2 cent Real Money tables and post an interesting hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer.
2) Watch the Bet Sizing video and answer the question below it.
3) Study and pass the Cash Game quiz.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 tasks complete and we will award you with your next buy-in.

Best of Luck!

Kind regards,
CannonLee

Old
Bankroll Builder Step 2 - Tue May 21, 2013, 04:23 PM
(#7)
Hey CL here are the hands from my short session you'll see why it was only 100 or so hands

1.) Here's the hand from my 1c/2c Session

Preflop - I open with 99 from MP get called by the short stack villain calls Button calls BB calls

flop - cbet since I'm the last aggressor for half the pot... insta call from our short stack, fold from the others.. at this point i'm thinking flush draw from the villain, or Jx

turn - turn pairs the board misses the flush i check not wanting to bet into a jack villain check behind... so now I'm thinking ok flush draw because he wanted the free card

River - is a blank for both of us villian bets a small bet... i considered folding but my curiosity got the best of me...

2nd hand - El Busto

Preflop - limpers so i open 5BB from the CO villian calls

flop - a pair of 3 on the board... villain bets 1BB into the pot he's been doing this to everyone every hand so it's not unusual... i bet out my usual cbet and get min raised... from previous hands with the villain I put him on a flush draw way overbetting the pot to push him off his draw but didn't take into account i was short stacked left him the odds to call :-\ ugh need to keep this all in account heh

2.)Pressure the opponent, Push them off a decent hand, and add value to monster hands

3.)Passed

Old
Thu May 23, 2013, 09:15 PM
(#8)
Hi,
Hand Analysis

Overall I really like the way you played this hand!

Our course of action on the river should be based solely on what reads we have of the villains tendencies.
Have they shown a tight dynamic or rather haven't been playing many pots? If so, what range have they been getting to showdown with?
After all, we do have roughly 100 hands at the table with them, unless they have just arrived. The villains bet on this river appears to be for thin value based on their sizing, it's giving all strong EP (early postion) Ax AK AQ AJ as well pocket pairs 55+ a decent price to hero call 4 to 1 pot odds....it's tempting...I know But let's strongly start taking in to consideration (the highlighted sentence above, along with take notes while at the table playing)

Hand Analysis

Your pre-flop sizing is perfect! Generally a limping range is perceived as a weak range, but that is not always the case, we need to take into account (the highlighted sentence above, along with take notes while at the table playing) this villain limp from early position, usually a hand that is played from early position is strong...leading to us having to give some slack on the so called "rope of respect"

Post flop, the board is super dry and doesn't really connect well with either of our range although there may be some flush combos within their range...but let's not hold them to just that, DEAD MONEY comes to mind! When you raised, what where you trying to get value from and what hands did you expect to be ahead of and/or better hands to fold? All over pairs to this board will call off (in my honest opinion) as the villain has showed the willingness to play a big pot out of position. Did you have any specific reads? Coming from a Heads Up SNG aficionado, I wouldn't mind taking this line on a loose aggro villain, but it appears that this villain is anything but that. No worries of losing this pot!

Hope this helps.

Good luck and good decisions.

CannonLee

Hope this helps.

Last edited by CannonLee; Thu May 23, 2013 at 09:18 PM..

Old
Thu May 23, 2013, 09:23 PM
(#9)
Fantastic!

Your second Bankroll Builder bonus is on it's way to you, great job so far.

Watch this video that will help you on the cash game tables

There are three ways in which you can earn your next bonus.

1) Earn 10 VPPs AFTER receiving your 2nd bonus and you will automatically be credited with your 3rd bonus. Let us know if you hit that target
2) If you lose your 2nd bonus at the tables please post the hands where you lost the money with here in this thread. As soon as you post the losing hands we will advise on the next step.
3) If you make a first deposit at PokerStars you will automatically be awarded your remaining bonuses from the Bankroll Builder promotion.

Best of luck to you at the tables and we are here to help you should you have any questions.

Kind regards,
CannonLee

Old
Tue May 28, 2013, 07:43 AM
(#10)

This was my busto hand... after the fact i realize i had little knowledge of the villian#7 and should have taken the min raise as strength. I felt when villian#9 called i could push him out by pushing and still have showdown value against villian #7...

AK vs QQ is a flip preflop but with the 3rd person which i didn't consider initially lower my odds of winning

Anywho I don't feel bad I had outs to win with a deeper bankroll i'd buy right back in and get back to grinding

Old
Thu May 30, 2013, 05:17 AM
(#11)
Hi,
Hand Analysis

The way the hand played out we could have maybe just flat called villain7's min 3bet and take a flop, our stack depth is still about 50bb which is more than enough to maneuver post flop and possibly fold if we brick or bet for value if we hit. Although given your thought process a squeeze here is fine, but keep in mind if we are trying to isolate a villain..what are their tendencies? Are we isolating our self versus a stronger range (mainly if they rarely 3bet) etc..

In a coin flip/race situation vs. QQ..had no idea what was thinking! LOOL

Hope this helps.

Old
Thu May 30, 2013, 05:23 AM
(#12)
Fantastic!

Your third Bankroll Builder bonus is on it's way to you, great job so far.

Watch this video that will help you on the cash game tables

There are three ways in which you can earn your next bonus.

1) Earn 10 VPPs AFTER receiving your 2nd bonus and you will automatically be credited with your 3rd bonus. Let us know if you hit that target

2) If you lose your 3rd bonus at the tables please post the hands where you lost the money with here in this thread. As soon as you post the losing hands we will advise on the next step.

3) If you make a first deposit at PokerStars you will automatically be awarded your remaining bonuses from the Bankroll Builder promotion.

Best of luck to you at the tables and we are here to help you should you have any questions.

Kind regards,
CannonLee

Old
Fri May 31, 2013, 05:15 AM
(#13)
Hey CL

I hit the 10 VPP been grinding all day actually at 13 VPP hehe

Old
Fri May 31, 2013, 08:32 AM
(#14)
Quote:
Hey CL

I hit the 10 VPP been grinding all day actually at 13 VPP hehe
Hi,

The 4th bonus will be automatically awarded to your account when you have attained 10VPPs AFTER receiving the 2nd bonus of your Bank Roll Builder training!

Good luck and good decisions!

CannonLee

Old
Sat Jun 01, 2013, 07:27 AM
(#15)
Hey CL,

Umm i'm at 40VPP 30ish came after my 3rd bank roll builder was credited do i need to do anything else or should i be happily surprised when my last $2 shows up

Cheers,
PinoyWonder

on a side note my roll is up to ~$20 now what in your opinion is a best ( err lowest variance?) way to grind out a good bankroll keep pluggin away at reg 2NL, 2NL zoom FR, 9man 1.10 SnG, $0.25 45-man, or staking people hehe.

Old
Mon Jun 03, 2013, 07:32 AM
(#16)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Congratulations!

As you've earned enough VPP's we have awarded you with all your Bankroll Builder buy-ins and you have successfully completed the promotion, good job!

You are always welcome to post any troublesome hands in the >>Hand Analysis<< section.

Also it is a good idea to review some of the content on >>Bankroll Management<< at this point.

Keep in touch with us and let us know how your poker journey continues.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Jun 04, 2013, 01:51 AM
(#17)
Quote:
on a side note my roll is up to ~$20 now what in your opinion is a best ( err lowest variance?) way to grind out a good bankroll keep pluggin away at reg 2NL, 2NL zoom FR, 9man 1.10 SnG, $0.25 45-man, or staking people hehe.
Hi,

Well done at the tables!

I'd suggest trying each game and see what feels most comfortable. If there is ONE thing that I'd strongly recommend, it's this...follow bank roll management! >>click here<< for a complete over view.

Also, try watching some of the instructional videos in our archive >>click here<< heads up, 6-max, 9-max cash games and sit n gos or MTTs are there and brought to you by our Live Trainers and PokerStars Pro's!

Good luck and good decisions, see you at the tables and here on the forum.

Kind regards,
CannonLee

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com