Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

5NL 6-max Zoom 22

Old
5NL 6-max Zoom 22 - Mon May 20, 2013, 05:19 PM
(#1)
Since: Jan 2012
Hi, not to be result oriented, so i'm posting a wining hand.
Should I've raised teh flop ? I if I did and ran into 66 or 77 would be considered unlucky or bad play since there was a raise ?
Any thoughts on the hand ?
Villain UTG is playing 21/16/5, AF 3 ,CB 90% over 154 hands. and the other villain is unkown.

Old
Tue May 21, 2013, 12:40 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2011
(Live Trainer)
I like how you played the hand. There are a few alternate line options you could consider, but none of them are really great which just goes to show how tough it is to even play superstrong hands from a bad position like the SB.

Raising over the guy's minraise would look too strong imo, by calling you can still represent a draw, or sth like A7/88/99 and at the same time price the PFR in with a weaker hand that has close to no equity.

You could actually consider leading out OTT smallish for like less than half pot which would make the pot big enough to still be able and get stacks in by the river. Turn might be a scarecard since the only draw gets there, so it could get checked around sometimes.

OTR I feel that you will see him have a lot of aces up instead of lower sets since he checked back the turn which I dont think sets will do here.

Live Trainer

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com