Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

5NL 6-Max: TP on Dry Board 3 way

Old
5NL 6-Max: TP on Dry Board 3 way - Mon May 20, 2013, 09:54 PM
(#1)
Since: Mar 2012

Villain 6 was either a weak LAG or a donkey.
Villain 2 was TAG. (idk if the re player showed it but he had 66)

Just Called OTF to keep their ranges wide and see what develops. Don't want to fold out weaker TPs, PPs etc.

Villain 2 x OTT so I half pot for value. Weaker hands that were ok OTF should be calling me here. Monsters would raise giving me an easy fold.

Could I have squeezed in some value OTR?

Old
Tue May 21, 2013, 03:00 AM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2011
Hi low rated,

Since the flop is pretty dry I think your flop call is good and I like your turn bet as well. I think you are right to think you missed out on value OTR as many worse hands will call a bet imo. You will in all likelyhood get looked up by the TAG when he holds a worse pair such as 88/99/TT as well as the odd occasion he has KT. When this villain calls the weak player in the BB will call pretty wide and can definately look you up with a 5 or maybe even a 3, bad players just can't fold. I'd bet around $1.50 OTR.

Oli

Follow me on: Twitter

Old
Tue May 21, 2013, 10:14 AM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi LR,

I agree with Oli, I would go for a value bet on the river. V2 is the only real concern here but as I assume a TAG would 3b us with AK a lot, that really only leaves KQ to worry about. He can have some worse kings, and some pairs below that (thinking we may not have a king since we didn't raise the donkey). And V6 is obviously no concern, unless he made trip 2's and checks to get cute, possible but remote. V6 will pay off light, that's what weak LAGs/donkeys do, so we make a lot of extra $ value betting them thin on the river. And this isn't even that thin imo, it's only made more so by V2's presence.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue May 21, 2013, 11:49 PM
(#4)
Since: Mar 2012
I thought as much, I will have to keep my eyes open for that extra value in the future. Thanks for the responses guys.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com