Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Brags, Beats and Variance /

Is today catch your card on the river day? :/

Old
Is today catch your card on the river day? :/ - Mon May 20, 2013, 09:56 PM
(#1)
Since: May 2013
SilverStar
Just been grinding out the Priv Freerolls and the Open Skill League Tournys today and let me just say wow!

Last 5 tournies (combined) I get rived 5 times being ahead 4 of them and the 1 was a coin flip. Most recently I had AQ on the short stack late position I was al in 2 others callb big blind and middle position. Flop comes 7-7-7. Check to the middle then he bets and is called. Turn comes a 3d once again bet by the middle position and a quick call. At this point I'm feeling confident in my hand I really felt that both were just trying to hit so my ace was good thus far. River comes 10c and then I knew there was a hit even before the bet. Check to the middle he bets -- big blind min raises with just a call -- Turns over K10 the other dude had nothing (middle position) and I was out.

Obviously it's a part of poker and I will get over it but I know one thing Freeroll or no Freeroll, when you get rivered 5 times in 5 tournies )while your playing great poker) you know it's time to call it a night.

Sucks too because I was really climbing the Open Skill ladder

Old
Mon May 20, 2013, 10:25 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
Bad beats are at a maximum on Mondays with a waxing gibbous moon.

Be very careful today.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com