Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

5NL 6-max Zoom A8s

Old
5NL 6-max Zoom A8s - Tue May 21, 2013, 03:34 PM
(#1)
Since: Jan 2012
Hi, sorry for the ovrload of hands, but I'm really trying to improve my game to my best.
The villain is unkown, only 7 hands on him.
Should I call the river bet here since it's only half of the pot ?
I had a hard time putting him on a hand, but I couldn't find to many that I was beating.
AJ din'td make much sense since he dind't raise the turn and he'd probably make the river bet bigger. TJ could be, but wouldn't he fold on the turn ? and AT wouldn't make sense calling the flop right ? and KQ wouldn't have gone all the way.
And I discarded sets since he'd have raised them on flop or turn.

Thanks

Old
Wed May 22, 2013, 05:16 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2011
(Live Trainer)
Hey fp_boss,

I think the problem you have against an unknown here is checking river when worse hands could potentially call a bet. Once you check you are in the dark about villain's true betting range and therefore you have a hard time deciding whether it's going to be +EV to call or not. Since the only draw that bricked out is 76 (or a couple gutshots) there isn't many hands left villain could potentially bluff here so I'd check/fold. I do think however that betting river against KJ/QJ type hands is slightly better than check/folding even though we might be beat quite some time when we do get called.

Live Trainer

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com