Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

Bankroll Builder Ready

Old
Bankroll Builder Ready - Wed May 22, 2013, 07:46 AM
(#1)
Since: May 2013
Hello,

Ready to start my bank roll builder. Thanks

Nate

Old
Wed May 22, 2013, 08:45 AM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nachochsnate View Post
Hello,

Ready to start my bank roll builder. Thanks

Nate
Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

Be sure to read THIS just to be be sure of exactly what's on offer with the Bankroll Builder promotion.

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion. Please check back this time tomorrow!

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschoolonline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
still waiting - Thu May 23, 2013, 08:43 AM
(#3)
Hey,

It's been over 24 hours now. What's the word bird?

Old
Thu May 23, 2013, 09:28 AM
(#4)
Since: Apr 2011
Hello nachochsnate,

You are eligible for the Bankroll Builder promotion, good job!

NB: Bookmark this page so that you'll find it easily in the future

First Step

Watch the following video and pay special attention to the tips on retrieving and

saving your hand history from PokerStars. This will be important for the rest of your

promotional journey.

After wacthing this please play some PLAY MONEY FULL-RING (9-Handed) tables at

PokerStars and using the Hand Replayer post a hand here in this thread that you have

questions about.

Here is a video on how to use the hand replayer.

Then when you have that done please have a go at the

Poker Basic Course

and pass the quiz at the end of the course.

So you have 3 steps to do to begin with and when you have all 3 done we will award you

with your first bonus.

1) Watch the 'Getting Started' video
2) Post a 'PLAY MONEY' hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer
3) Pass the Poker Basic course.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 steps completed.

Best of Luck!

flophitter

Old
I've done all three task. Here is my hand replayer - Thu May 23, 2013, 10:17 AM
(#5)
Here is my replay hand. Was trying to bluff him out with my flush draw. Did not feel like he had an ace. I've have done all three steps. Thanks

Old
done all three task - Thu May 23, 2013, 10:19 AM
(#6)
hello,

Wanted to let you know i have watched the videos, took the quiz and passes and posted a replay of a hand. Thanks

nate

Old
Ready for my next task - Thu May 23, 2013, 05:08 PM
(#7)
hi,

I have completed the three steps. Still waiting for you to get back to me. What shall i do next?

Nate

Old
Thu May 23, 2013, 05:08 PM
(#8)
Thanks for posting the hand, we'll have the hand analysis done shortly. Then I'll give you your first bonus followed by your next steps

Old
Thu May 23, 2013, 05:45 PM
(#9)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi nachochsnate!

With A5s on the button, I get 4 limpers in front of me. I'm going to make a standard raise here to 3BB+1BB for each limper. With 4 limpers, I will raise to 7BB or 140 chips.

I flop a nut flush draw and now I need to see if it's worth it to call. I need to call 100 chips into a pot that will be 640 (15.6%). With 9 outs, from the rule of 4 and 2, I have 2% equity per out to the turn, so my 9 outs are worth 18%. Since my hand equity is higher than my pot equity, I will call the bet of 100.

By shoving, I have to put 870 chips into a pot that will be 2180 if someone calls (39.9%). By seeing both cards, my hand will now be worth 4% per out. Due to this, my hand is worth 9*4% or 36%. Because the pot equity is more than my hand is worth... I do not want to make this play, as I expect to LOSE chips by shoving here.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu May 23, 2013, 06:32 PM
(#10)
Brilliant!

You've done all 3 tasks and you'll get your first bonus in the next 24 hours, good job!

Step Two

Use your first buy-in to only play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables on PokerStars. Do not play any other type of game other than this. Post one hand that you had difficulty with here in this thread using the hand replayer and we will analyze it for you.

Please watch the following video and answer the question below.

List 3 reasons why a player may want to make a big bet?

Then study the Cash Game course and once your happy have a go at attempting the quiz. Don't rush through the course, there's a lot of content there and the quiz is tricky so spend some time on this.

So you have 3 things to do to earn your next bonus.

1) Play the 1/2 cent Real Money tables and post an interesting hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer.
2) Watch the Bet Sizing video and answer the question below it.
3) Study and pass the Cash Game quiz.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 tasks complete and we will award you with your next buy-in.

Best of Luck!

flophitter

Old
was this a good fold? - Fri May 24, 2013, 03:18 AM
(#11)
PokerStars Hand #99026660394: Hold'em No Limit ($0.01/$0.02 USD) - 2013/05/24 9:13:43 CET [2013/05/24 3:13:43 ET]
Table 'Iapetus III' 9-max Seat #3 is the button
Seat 1: konex ($1.80 in chips)
Seat 2: nachochsnate ($1 in chips)
Seat 3: STEFANSERE1 ($2.80 in chips)
Seat 4: henkel777 ($0.62 in chips)
Seat 5: maruff23 ($2.73 in chips)
Seat 6: jhon7525 ($1.42 in chips)
Seat 7: kurt leung ($5 in chips)
Seat 8: Zlyd ($2.43 in chips)
Seat 9: SonTNkts ($3.36 in chips)
henkel777: posts small blind $0.01
maruff23: posts big blind $0.02
nachochsnate: posts big blind $0.02
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to nachochsnate [Kd Qs]
jhon7525: folds
kurt leung: folds
Zlyd: folds
SonTNkts: folds
konex: calls $0.02
nachochsnate: raises $0.06 to $0.08
STEFANSERE1: calls $0.08
henkel777: folds
maruff23: folds
konex: folds
*** FLOP *** [Qc Tc 9h]
nachochsnate: bets $0.04
STEFANSERE1: raises $0.18 to $0.22
nachochsnate: folds
Uncalled bet ($0.18) returned to STEFANSERE1
STEFANSERE1 collected $0.28 from pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot $0.29 | Rake $0.01
Board [Qc Tc 9h]
Seat 1: konex folded before Flop
Seat 2: nachochsnate folded on the Flop
Seat 3: STEFANSERE1 (button) collected ($0.28)
Seat 4: henkel777 (small blind) folded before Flop
Seat 5: maruff23 (big blind) folded before Flop
Seat 6: jhon7525 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 7: kurt leung folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 8: Zlyd folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 9: SonTNkts folded before Flop (didn't bet)

Old
was this a good fold? - Fri May 24, 2013, 03:21 AM
(#12)

Old
Fri May 24, 2013, 09:26 AM
(#13)
hello? anyone there?

Old
Here are three examples of why someone might right raise - Fri May 24, 2013, 09:45 AM
(#14)
Hi,

Three reasons why someone might bet big
1 put pressure on opponents
2 to add value to the pot
3 to bluff people out of decent hands

I have complete the three tasks that you asked me to complete. Looking forward to hearing from you guys,

Thanks,

Nate

Old
Fri May 24, 2013, 09:46 AM
(#15)
I have completed my three tasks ready for some more tasks. thanks

Nate

Old
Fri May 24, 2013, 11:22 AM
(#16)
Great thanks for posting the hand, we'll provide the analysis here soon followed by your 2nd bonus and your next steps

Old
Fri May 24, 2013, 12:18 PM
(#17)
Since: Oct 2011
Hi nachochsnate! I'll take a look at this hand.

First of all, it looks like you posted your big blind out of turn. Don't do this. Since you'll be dealt an unplayable hand more than 80% of the time, you'll be throwing away 2c four times out of five. This money will add up over time and drain your bankroll. When you first join a table, click the "Wait until big blind before posting" option.

You're in the cutoff facing a limp. Since this player is often weak, making an isolation raise to 4bb with your KQ makes sense. Most of the time, this will mean no one else enters the pot and you'll be heads up in position in a +EV situation. Unfortunately, there's a cold call by the player on the button. He usually has a pocket pair, but some suited connectors are also in his range. The original limper folds, so you're heads up on the flop, but the villain has position on you, which will make things tricky.
The flop comes a two-tone QT9. This is the sort of flop that can get lots of action, since it has multiple draws. With top pair, you can definitely get some value. You want to make a big bet here, so that it would be a mistake for villain to call with a draw.
You only bet 4c into 21c. This is a very weak bet. If you're ahead, you're not getting much value for your hand. What's worse is that you're giving villain a bargain price if he has a draw with something like JT or any two clubs. Your bet is also so small that villain might be tempted to make a big raise as a bluff, because your bet indicates you are weak. On wet boards like this you should bet BIG with your top pair, good kicker. Even if you're behind, you have outs to trips or a straight.
Villain seizes on your weakness and makes a raise to 22c. He's representing that he has a good hand, but it's not a huge bet. You only need to call 18c into a pot that will be 65c. While it's possible villain flopped a straight or a set, I don't think I can fold for this price.
If you'd made a bigger bet on the flop, it's much easier to get away from your hand, because villain wouldn't raise as a bluff if you make it clear you have a real hand.
It's not a huge mistake to fold here, as playing future streets will be difficult out of position, and you are probably better off not risking your whole bankroll playing guessing games, but there are so many hands that villain could raise here that you're actually beating that I think you're being a little too cautious.

You noted the 3 main reasons for making a big bet in post #14. With this hand, reason number 2 definitely applies. In future, be sure to make bigger bets with your strong hands to get value. Always bet at least half pot on the flop and turn, to make it a mistake for worse hands and draws to call.

Hope this helps!
Cheers,
Arty

Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri May 24, 2013, 02:10 PM
(#18)
that helps a lot man. Just was scared to lose my bankroll money right away with just a pair. But understand to not let yourself look weak in those positions. Thanks again and i will be sure to post another hand i have questions about. cheers

Old
Fri May 24, 2013, 03:07 PM
(#19)
Hello nachochsnate,

Fantastic!

Your second Bankroll Builder bonus is on it's way to you, great job so far.

Watch this video that will help you on the cash game tables

There are three ways in which you can earn your next bonus.

1) Earn 10 VPPs AFTER receiving your 2nd bonus and you will automatically be credited with your 3rd bonus. Let us know if you hit that target
2) If you lose your 2nd bonus at the tables please post the hands where you lost the money with here in this thread. As soon as you post the losing hands we will advise on the next step.
3) If you make a first deposit at PokerStars you will automatically be awarded your remaining bonuses from the Bankroll Builder promotion.

Best of luck to you at the tables and we are here to help you should you have any questions.

flophitter

Old
Mon May 27, 2013, 09:09 AM
(#20)
Hey,

How are you guys doing today? Just wanted to let you know i have earned 10 vpp since our last message. Thanks and let me know if that are more task. Thanks.

nachochsnate

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com