Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

made the right fold?

Old
made the right fold? - Wed May 22, 2013, 08:34 AM
(#1)
Since: Jul 2011
BronzeStar
heey guys im just starting at flhe have read some articles.
but here was one hand where i wasnt sure if i mad ethe right laydown
http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-h...151_448E48F874
both villians where playing pretty loose

Triple Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu May 23, 2013, 10:58 PM
(#2)
Since: May 2013
IMO:
limping in was ok (but maybe should consider widening your raise range??)
checking the flop was bad
fold was good

you know i'd never give advice being a beginner myself, but you were kind enough to read my shit

haha..and i think maybe we got the some similar problems?

so honestly, i think this is an e.g. of slow play generating bad luck

Looking back, things could easily have gone different. With an initial raise, you could have had the aura of an A.....with a bet on the flop you get the aura of hitting your low card with that ace lurking to kill any 2pair gambit.....and you're not even fibbing!!

if i was holding 32o and saw that flop along with the auras^, fair chance i'd fold.

People who really can play poker players say it too - slow play is our enemy....only used when necc. to mess with something bigger, like table dynamics

so you should probably have done more to stop the hand progressing beyond the flop, but no probs with the fold once the turn came down

EDIT: IMO

Last edited by SpiritFingrs; Thu May 23, 2013 at 10:59 PM.. Reason: forgot to procrastinate

Old
Fri May 24, 2013, 04:53 AM
(#3)
Since: Jul 2011
BronzeStar
heey spirit thanks for hyour opinnion and i think you are right btw the flop wasnt slowplaying i had a gut feeling that i was in trouble :P
but your right im going to try to play these hand a litle more agro

Triple Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri May 24, 2013, 12:31 PM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi ad,

I think our hand is strong enough to raise preflop, so far no one has voluntarily entered the pot even, all we have are the blinds and a poster, so I don't like open limping here. Raise with the probable best hand and take the initiative, perhaps buy the button, and don't give the BB and poster a free look.

We flopped great for our hand but it's very vulnerable, why check and risk a free card to 4 opponents? Bet here 100% of the time.

I think the fold on the turn is ok, since this guy has a random hand he can have trips, and we could face more raising behind us.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Jun 03, 2013, 06:15 PM
(#5)
Since: May 2013
Hi Ad,

Completely forgot i wrote this^....got a little smashed that day!

Reading back, i am surprisingly legible haha, but 'slow' was not the right word. 'Scuze my ignorance - no offence meant.

All the best m8, hope to see you out there.

PS i've found the WSOplay Money private club to be pretty friendly and helpful.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com