Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

block raising

Old
block raising - Wed May 22, 2013, 08:56 AM
(#1)
Since: Jul 2011
BronzeStar
heey guys, im starting agian with FLHE and read soem articles and one thing i found verry interseting is block raising on the flop
for example your HU OP in a pot and you flop a flush draw.
he bets out en your raise him. thats the block raise.
the reasening behind it is he will ussualy just cal and check the turn to you so if you mis you can check behind. wich saves you 0.5big bet if you would have called his bet there.
and if you hit you already build the pot alitle on the flop.
would lik to hear your oppinions on this

Triple Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed May 22, 2013, 09:29 AM
(#2)
Since: Oct 2011
I've never heard it called that before. I call it the "free card play" and it's pretty standard to use it in FLH. (It also works in NL, to a certain extent, although the card isn't exactly free, as you normally have to make a 3x raise on the flop, whereas in fixed limit it's always a "minraise" on the flop).
Getting your opponent to freeze up and allow you to check behind on the turn when the draw misses is obviously beneficial, but you'll often find both good and bad players will not give you the free card you want and they will donk out on the turn anyway. :/

Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed May 22, 2013, 10:25 AM
(#3)
Since: Jul 2011
BronzeStar
heey arty, i have tried it a few times today at 5/10 and it worked really well but most of them arent good players :P btw i think there ar 3 or 4 regualars at 5/10 only 2 mutltablers :P verry profitable at the micros

Triple Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com