Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

5NL 6-max Zoom 67o BB

Old
5NL 6-max Zoom 67o BB - Wed May 22, 2013, 08:38 PM
(#1)
Since: Jan 2012
Hi, villains are unkown
What the pot-sized donk-bet of the villains means here ?
I decided to not raise the flop since flush draws would call (because of the stack sizes regarding the pot) and I could be 3B by A6 or A7. And the other player might come along with some other weak aces.
Is my bet oh the turn here good ? I decided to bet so I don't give any free card to hands with onlyone spade like Ks6x or Ks7x. And if I'd get called, I'd ceck the river.

Thanks

Old
Thu May 23, 2013, 10:47 AM
(#2)
Since: Oct 2011
Hi fp!

You said you decided not to raise the flop, because flush draws would call, but that's the reason why I would raise the flop. You're beating flush draws, so it's not a problem if they call. Indeed, that's where part of your value comes from. Villain's pot-sized donkbet could be a random flush draw or an OESD (e.g. 98), two pairs, a set or just the ace. I'd raise it up to 40c for value. If villain re-raises, you can probably fold, because bottom two is probably beat. (It's better to get 3-bet by a better hand and fold here, than keep calling all the way with bottom two).
When you call, then the third villain has a great price to call with draws. He wouldn't be making a mistake. We make money from villains' mistakes, so raise it up and make it a BIG mistake for him to call.
As played, you're still 3-handed on the turn, and the dreaded third spade hits the board. When the SB checks, it's likely because he's scared of the flush. You can bet here, because the SB will fold Ax and OESDs, but I'd be very worried villain 6 has the flush. If you get called, you basically have to hit a 4-outer to make a boat on the river. Since villain 6 folds to your turn bet, he must have had a weak ace or OESD himself.

Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com