Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Live Game Sweats and Online Tournaments / Skill League /

Back to back bad beat

Old
Back to back bad beat - Thu May 23, 2013, 10:05 AM
(#1)
Since: Dec 2011
My first time opening a thread here, so if this is inappropriate or should be somewhere else, I apologize.

Sadly, the first topic I posted will be typical bad beats experience, but I just need to get this out, otherwise It will turn into a cancer for me...

I just got sucked out twice after flop in back to back Open League. Today 3am ET, and 7am ET.

First one (3am): Pocket Aces, I raise around 3x from MP, got a caller who covers my chips from button I think, flop came 8 high, I raise, he shove, I call, and he show pocket 9s. no straight or flush draw for him. Sadly, before I even had the chance to fist pump, 9 came on the turn. He hits one of his 2 outer.

Second (7am): AKs, I raise 4x from MP, big blind who covers my chip called. Flop came AAQ. He raise light, I re-raise 2.5x, he called. Turn came blank, He bet to put me all in, I instacall, and he turned A7o. Again no straight or flush draw for him. And of course, another heartbreaker as river hits a 7, hitting one of his 3 outer, giving him the boat, my chips, and all the loathing I can muster for him inside.

AAAGGGGGGHHHH!!! There goes my chances to have another deep run in the tourney... I actually expecting a decrease in my points, in the 'skill' league, through no fault of my skill! Btw, for both I'm already inside top 2500 out of 10,000 fields. so it wasn't a case of me making a mistake of playing a hand early in the tourney.

Well, thank for anyone who actually read this, finally got it out of my system. any comment on these hands? Were there actually a misplay by me somewhere?

PS: I got a tournament ticket for tonight's "Pokerschool SCOOP freebuy satellite #004". But it is possible I can't make it. Any chance of other tournament using that ticket coming up? I only see one when I check at my tournament ticket window. It just seems like a waste not using it.

Again, thanks for reading guys, any comment appreciated.

Old
Thu May 23, 2013, 10:21 AM
(#2)
Since: Dec 2011
Btw, just to be noted, I'm not in any way implying that the software is rigged.... Just happen to have the worst of luck for the last 2 tournaments.... I had own share of sucking out myself... ;p

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com