Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

is his call right there?

Old
is his call right there? - Fri May 24, 2013, 10:26 AM
(#1)
Since: May 2013
I know he had 11 outs there but in the same time i good hit a set or a have an over pait which gives him just 8 outs no to talk about two 10 10 which reduce it to 6 outs

http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-h...175_1FFFFEED30

please answer

Old
Fri May 24, 2013, 08:27 PM
(#2)
Since: Jan 2012
Hi Oren131

Villain was getting the correct price to call your all in post flop

Vilain has to call 63980 into a pot that will be 209335 (30.6%). Their open ended straight draw has 8 outs * 4% per out since they see both streets is worth 32%. hand's worth more.. so it's a call.

The problem here is how we played pre flop imo. Do we have any reads on this guy? Does he have a high 3bet %?

It's a very unusual play for player 9 to make, when he 3bets your early position raise from the small blind then he is representing a very strong hand, especially when he raises to 3x the size of your bet (18k).

I would fold here maybe 80% of the time depending on the player type. Most villains are not doing this as a bluff so folding preflop is fine. If he 3bet a bit smaller, say to 15k then I don't mind calling to set mine but when we call this big 3bet the pot to stack size ratio isn't very high so we can find ourselves being tempted to stack off on boards that are good for our hand which we must remember isn't a great thing to do seeing as villain is repping such a strong hand.

As played I think shoving the flop is fine. Wen villain bets the turn there is over 60k in the pot and we have just 80k behind so I like the shove.

I think folding preflop is best unless you're facing an opponent that is really getting out of line because you will be flipping at best 9 times out of 10.

Cheers, Chris.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com