Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Brags, Beats and Variance /

What makes this a bad beat?

Old
What makes this a bad beat? - Fri May 24, 2013, 04:43 PM
(#1)
Since: Feb 2010
Its mostly psychological. The way that the cards get revealed. And as you woop it up and high five your imaginary gf and think what a fool ... then BANG next card out knocks your head off...

http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-h...807_4E436DC9C0

It keeps happening. And we never seem to lay these bad beats on our opponentss - but there is a reason - it is because we are not those fools.

Love to get bad beat by a fool.

Ed

Last edited by EdinFreeMan; Fri May 24, 2013 at 04:45 PM..

Old
Fri May 24, 2013, 05:00 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Ed,

I had a similar hand happen to me last night, but it was KK vs TT. We WANT these people calling, as over time, they're going to fatten our wallets.

The other part is this too... if you never get them in good.. you can't get bad beat.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri May 24, 2013, 05:04 PM
(#3)
Since: Oct 2011
My definition of a bad beat is a hand in which you put money in the pot as a (big) favourite, and villain sucks out.
This hand is a textbook definition of a bad beat, because every time you put money in the pot, you were ahead. Villain, by contrast, bet, called and raised when he had the worst hand.

Well played sir!

Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com