Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

5NL 6-max Zoom AQo

Old
5NL 6-max Zoom AQo - Fri May 24, 2013, 09:05 PM
(#1)
Since: Jan 2012
Hi, villain is unkown.
After posting a AQ hand to review this week, some people advised me to 3B hands like these on these spots, so I'm trying to see how it works. So far got a lot of folds.
After the villain called I thought I was certainly beat, so I decided to c-bet since it was the only way I could win the pot, and the might fold hands like QQ,AK without the heart.
Was a c-bet on this spot wrong ?

Thanks

Old
Sat May 25, 2013, 01:12 AM
(#2)
Since: Nov 2011
Hey fp_boss

Most important thing is to affirm that no one is folding QQ here with or without a heart. So the idea of getting pocket pairs like 88-QQ to fold to a flop c-bet is too ambitious for us.

It is more likely that you can get AK without a heart to fold but I still think that's a good example of a hand that sticks around. I would be looking to fire twice or not at all on a flop like this, since I think a ton of hands are comfortable check-calling once.

It really depends on your read of villain, if he will call too often preflop, I would fire twice. If he has a stronger range preflop I would check back and we have some outs to top pair or a wheel.

Spots like this are hard to have one line, but what's important to realize is that our hand does have showdown equity, but can't make a value hand really. Even if we hit our wheel, our ace, or our queen, we shouldn't be looking to put a lot of money into the pot.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com