Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Brags, Beats and Variance /

is this even a badbeat?

Old
is this even a badbeat? - Mon May 27, 2013, 06:12 AM
(#1)
Since: Aug 2010
Its more and more clearer that everytime Im ahead I always get the beating no matter how I play the hand

Old
Mon May 27, 2013, 06:19 AM
(#2)
**Inappropriate comment deleted JWK24**

Last edited by JWK24; Mon May 27, 2013 at 10:26 AM..

Old
Mon May 27, 2013, 06:37 AM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2012
Its not a bad beat - he flops quad QQ and you shove when behind.

Not sure if that is Zoom or not but I would tend to play QQ the same way he did against a lot of villains. Only if they are quite loose will I 3bet for value. QQ falls into the same range as TT for me.

On other point - why no auto top-up? It looks like you played short stacked and its easier to get pot committed that way.

Last edited by bhoylegend; Mon May 27, 2013 at 06:40 AM..

Old
Mon May 27, 2013, 06:43 AM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2012
Second hand - you limp UTG with a premium which is just bad.

That is a bad beat though in the end. The money was in ahead, you were a big favourite, and you got sucked out on. Its also pretty standard though in a tournament.

Old
Mon May 27, 2013, 07:49 AM
(#5)
Since: Apr 2012
Yep - no limping UTG with premium there and your stack size, just open shove. Maybe there are some extremely rare situations where open limping QQ would be something to do, but not here. If you would open jam, you would most likely only get called by 88 there, and that would be just a suckout but you also let in other hands.
Versus more hands your equity decreases.
And first hand is just a cooler, i have flopped quads myself to stack boats.

Old
Mon May 27, 2013, 08:51 AM
(#6)
It's zoom alright. I know I was behind when the cards showed he got QQ. That's my point there. It's like I was bound to lose all pockects 99% of the times when im ahead. I win only in like 1 out of 100 times I play the same hand. What happenned to randomness and probabilities lol . It's more like Im program to lose no matter what. I win more playing idiotic hands which is freaking absurd but true

Old
Mon May 27, 2013, 12:17 PM
(#7)
Since: Jun 2010
Learn about variance from a drunkard!

Old
Tue May 28, 2013, 08:15 AM
(#8)
I give up!!

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com