Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Education & Beginners Questions /

Which poker book helped you the most?

Old
Talking
Which poker book helped you the most? - Mon May 27, 2013, 06:33 AM
(#1)
Since: May 2013
I have found some books i am keen to read, but i am interested in reading some more poker book.

Old
Mon May 27, 2013, 06:52 AM
(#2)
Since: Dec 2010
**moved to a more appropriate forum**

Quintuple Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon May 27, 2013, 06:53 AM
(#3)
Hello,

Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline. Here's a short video about PSO and what it has to offer you. Also check out >>This Page<< for more info.

We're here to help you so please feel free to ask any questions you may have and thank you for being a member of PokerSchoolOnline.

Old
Mon May 27, 2013, 07:00 AM
(#4)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarjanMac View Post
I have found some books i am keen to read, but i am interested in reading some more poker book.
Hey there,

Welcome to the Forum!

The first book I got hold off was by the great Lou Kreiger who recently passed away. It was called 52 Great Poker Tips and I still bring it with me on journeys and refer to it again and again, great book!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon May 27, 2013, 07:05 AM
(#5)
I haven't read many poker books, I learned most of what I know about poker via watching instructional videos, forum hand analysis and through Live Training here at PokerSchoolOnline.

If there is one book that I'd recommend it would be one that I read from front to back several times 'Ace on The River' By Team PokerStars Pro Barry Greenstein.

If you would like to watch instructional poker videos from our archive >>click here<<

I'd suggest that you check out the Live Training, there is an interactive chat box to where you can ask questions to the trainer as well the participants while watching real time poker, it makes for a fun educational time while meeting poker friends >>click here<< for the schedule.

Should you have any questions at all feel free to post a thread in the >>support section<< or private message a >>moderator<<.

Kind regards,
CannonLee

Old
Mon May 27, 2013, 09:03 AM
(#6)
Since: Feb 2011
I've read, again and again, The Poker Mindset and it's really helped my game. I do suffer from tilt and this book brings me back to earth when I find myself tilting.

Old
Mon May 27, 2013, 10:28 AM
(#7)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Winning Poker Tournaments One Hand At A Time

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon May 27, 2013, 11:03 AM
(#8)
I was told that harrington on hold'em is good book? what do you think?

Old
Mon May 27, 2013, 11:08 AM
(#9)
Since: Oct 2011
Harrington's books are great, although they are a little bit dated. (Games are much more aggressive these days).

The most useful for me have been:
David Sklanksy's 'The Theory of Poker'
Pawel Nazarewicz's 'Building a Bankroll, full ring edition'
Nathan Williams' e-book 'Crushing the Microstakes'.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon May 27, 2013, 11:26 AM
(#10)
Since: Mar 2013
"kill everyone"

the book, im not telling you to kill everyone

lol jk, grab your guns

Old
Mon May 27, 2013, 11:38 AM
(#11)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarjanMac View Post
I was told that harrington on hold'em is good book? what do you think?
I'm in the middle of reading that series right now (3 book series). It's pretty good.

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed May 29, 2013, 08:00 AM
(#12)
The first book I read was also "52 Great Poker Tips", great to dip into now and then and not to involved.

I've read a couple in between but the one that has helped me understand poker the most is "Harrington On Hold'em", it probably is a bit dated for todays kind of play but its a great foundation for building on, I highly recommend it.

Anyone read "The Raisers Edge"? Think I might check that out next.

Old
Wed May 29, 2013, 08:34 AM
(#13)
Since: Jan 2012
Don't forget Collin Moshman if you play STTs! His book Sit'n Go Strategy had a big impact on my game! Harrington taught me how to be tight and Moshman taught me how to be aggressive.

Roland GTX

Old
Sun Jun 02, 2013, 01:07 PM
(#14)
Cheers Roland,

Will definitely be buying Moshmans book when I've finished Harrington, the reviews online are nothing but awesome!

Old
Wed Jun 05, 2013, 03:54 PM
(#15)
Since: Sep 2011
I'm reading Pawel Nazarewicz's 'Building a Bankroll, full ring edition', and this has helped me more than any other book so far. I have also read David Sklanky's 'The Theory of Poker', though I found this a bit hard to grasp in places. Don't get me wrong, I think it's a great book, but I guess not every reader will be suited to the same material. Lastly, I've also read Phil Gordon's 'Little Green Book', and this was the first title I studied. Another decent work. I'll bet that I'd glean more from it if I were to read it again.

Last edited by Shodan388; Thu Jun 06, 2013 at 06:31 AM..

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com