Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

$1.50 SnG

Old
$1.50 SnG 9man on the bubble - Mon May 27, 2013, 09:20 AM
(#1)
Since: May 2013
Hey guys, got a hand for you to look at, I'd been playin pretty tight and just started to open up on the bubble, just wondering if i should have play this one a bit more passively?

Maybe just a call after the turn bet?

Cheers!

Last edited by mosquitø; Mon May 27, 2013 at 10:13 AM..

Old
Mon May 27, 2013, 10:09 AM
(#2)
Since: Feb 2011
I don't like the A2 call out of position when the blinds are so high. I think that's your biggest mistake. Image only matters if you think your opponents are paying attention otherwise you'll get no respect. What was the image of your opponent?

Just bin this hand and wait on a better spot. Muxa is the player that needs to gamble and not you.

Old
Mon May 27, 2013, 07:02 PM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
Hi mosquitø,

I don't think this is a good time to think about opening up. On the bubble with a short stack still in we lose alot of equity getting allin and at risk.

If you felt the opener was loose and getting out of line short handed I think you're better off 3 betting preflop and CBetting on the Ace high flop if the villian doesn't fold.

Once you lead the flop here for a big bet and we get a call you have to give your opponent credit for a hand here. When they bet the turn you absolutely have to give up. Getting allin here vs all this strength and a short stack still hanging around is really bad I think.

Andy

Quad Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed May 29, 2013, 05:55 AM
(#4)
Since: May 2013
Thanks for the feedback guys.

I think Id just been playing really aggressive in this kind of spot in a couple of SNG's prior to this one and was getting a lot of folds while holding much worse hands.

Lookin back at the hand now while not in play, the turn bet does look very strong. I can't remember what the image of the villain was but I can only assume it had been passive for me to try and take the pot there, short of just over aggressive play!

So in this spot, play only premium hands and wait for the short stack to bust out?

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com