Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

How can I review my tournament play?

Old
How can I review my tournament play? - Mon May 27, 2013, 05:49 PM
(#1)
Since: Oct 2011
I recently played a great short stack tourny #730734923 and wanted to review the hands which i have requested and downloaded, I notice the replayer only takes up to 5 hands. Is there software here on the site to do a full tourn review?

Old
Mon May 27, 2013, 06:03 PM
(#2)
Since: Dec 2010
Hi figaroo2,

There are three programs that I'm aware of which will complete your objective.

1.) Poker Tracker 4 (PT4)

2.) Hold'em Manager 2 (HEM2)

note: with these two programs you can analyze your game as well your opponents with several statistics included on or off the table. Both have a 30 day trial

3.) Universal Replayer

note: this program is purely just for reviewing hand histories, it's free.

I'd suggest that you try all three of these programs to see which one best suits your needs, you can find them by simply using the Google search engine.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
CannonLee

Quintuple Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed May 29, 2013, 05:08 AM
(#3)
Since: May 2013
Thanks for the tips cannon, will definitely be checking out Universal Replayer

Old
Wed May 29, 2013, 04:18 PM
(#4)
Since: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by mosquitø View Post
Thanks for the tips cannon, will definitely be checking out Universal Replayer

Hey mosquito.

Good idea,do the Universal Replayer first,get comfortable with self examination through that and then down the road a piece,when you're more comfortable and settled in I highly recommend you try both of the trackers that Cannon mentioned,PT4 and HEM2,for their free trials. The review features of these programs is an invaluable tool in progressing as a player.

Before you do download either of those programs for the free trial I also strongly urge you to go to the video library here in the school,pull up Dave's (TheLangolier) video on utilizing Hold Em Manager to it's fullest potential and watch it. Poker Tracker is similar enough to HEM in options and usage that the video easily translates to their product as well. Dave is more focused on ring play in this video and HEM's application's for that,but once you understand the capabilities of the software it's simply a basic grasp of the different parameters between ring and tournament/sng play that can get you to use the software to most help you along.

Hope this helps.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com