Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

5NL 6-max Zoom 33

Old
5NL 6-max Zoom 33 - Mon May 27, 2013, 10:02 PM
(#1)
Since: Jan 2012
Hi, the limper stats are 47/11/0 - AF 1 on just 21 hands (not too much, but seems like a loose passive). The other villain is unkown.

How did I play this hand overall ?

Thanks

Old
Wed May 29, 2013, 01:43 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2011
(Live Trainer)
The big disadvantage we have to overcome in a hand like this is being in such a bad relative position. That's why I think we should try to get more money into the pot on an earlier street somehow by leading out or raising villain's small flopraise. Leading also has two major advantages of 1) getting a call from the recreational player before the raiser acts which traps dead money for us and 2) not forcing out the recr. player with a bigger than normal raise OOP.

As played I would definitely consider jamming turn on the micros as I feel players will be more likely to make a call here than follow up with thin valuebets/bluffs on the river..

Live Trainer

Old
Wed May 29, 2013, 01:26 PM
(#3)
Since: Jan 2012
yeah, jamming the turn is better. especially on this situations, where I forgot to mention he had KTo (without the heart lol)

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com