Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Education & Beginners Questions /

Paypal

Old
Paypal - Mon May 27, 2013, 11:30 PM
(#1)
Since: Mar 2011
Can you help me please?

Can you (oh and im really dumb so spell it out like im aged 99 please) tell me how paypal works?

Is it free ?

do i need it?

I have 5 poker sites i play on well 3 really but i can transfer between ftp and ps but i dont play large volume at the moment

a long time ago i read on paypal site but i honestly couldnt understand it

Thanks !

rolo ps all i know is you can transfer money between poker sites

Old
Tue May 28, 2013, 02:07 AM
(#2)
Since: Jan 2013
it's a money transfer service, nothing to do with poker specifically. In fact, paypal prohibits any transactions that relate to gambling. It's usually used for paying small merchants, eg ebay, companies online, etc. It's free to set up but you pay transaction fees. You can keep money on there but it costs to cash out.

Old
Tue May 28, 2013, 06:28 AM
(#3)
Since: Apr 2011
I don't think PayPal is available everywhere, but I could definitely use it to deposit and withdraw from Pokerstars, IPoker, 888Poker, PartyPoker.

See here for Pokerstars page re using PayPal http://www.pokerstars.com/poker/real-money/paypal/
Like Evoke said there are transaction fees that would mean there is a charge from PayPal if you wanted to withdraw money using the service.

"PayPal allows approved gambling merchants to use our service in certain jurisdictions where gambling activities are legal." I assume that the poker sites I listed above are approved merchants and definitely assume that Pokerstars would not offer PayPal as an option if it was prohibited. paypal.com/helpcenter/gambling

Basically using PayPal is fine so long as the activities you are using it for are allowed. Gambling is prohibited for account holders in the US, so pokerstars and others have to show PayPal that they can block payments from the US.

Hope this clears the confusion up, if you have a bank card that does not charge fees then I would see no reason to use PayPal, so I suspect rolo does not have to worry!

Old
Tue May 28, 2013, 10:32 AM
(#4)
Since: Mar 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by rolo834 View Post
Can you help me please?

Can you (oh and im really dumb so spell it out like im aged 99 please) tell me how paypal works?

Is it free ?

do i need it?

I have 5 poker sites i play on well 3 really but i can transfer between ftp and ps but i dont play large volume at the moment

a long time ago i read on paypal site but i honestly couldnt understand it

Thanks !

rolo ps all i know is you can transfer money between poker sites
Hi Rolo,

I haven't used paypal to deposit/withdraw (not that I tend to have any money left to withdraw, lol) from any poker site but one that I do use, that is, I suppose similar to paypal is 'Skrill' or you may have heard it called 'Moneybookers'. Anyway, this is usually accepted on most sites as a payment and withdrawal method.

Every time I have used it to withdraw funds, they have been in my 'Skrill' account within 48 hours (you receive an email to let you know when it is in there), then all you have to do is transfer it your bank, via 'bank transfer' and it's in there immediately. When you withdraw to your account there is a small fee, nothing over the top. If you was withdrawing from one poker site to deposit in another, then that would be done for free.

This is there link https://www.moneybookers.com/app/ Hope this is OK mods?

If you do decide to go with them, look around first, as some sites/forums have a bonus code which can get you free cash.

I use them most of the time and I have never had a problem. You can use them to purchase other things as well, not just to deposit/withdraw from poker sites. Hope this helps.

Old
Tue May 28, 2013, 08:06 PM
(#5)
Since: Mar 2011
Thank You Everyone

its now all a lot clearer

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com