Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

talking part in Bankroll Builder

Old
talking part in Bankroll Builder - Tue May 28, 2013, 07:38 PM
(#1)
Since: May 2013
I want to take part in the Bankroll Builder promotion.

Old
Tue May 28, 2013, 08:24 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

Be sure to read THIS just to be be sure of exactly what's on offer with the Bankroll Builder promotion.

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion. Please check back this time tomorrow!

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschoolonline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed May 29, 2013, 12:00 PM
(#3)
Hi Ellia10,

You are eligible for the Bankroll Builder promotion, good job!
NB: Bookmark this page so that you'll find it easily in the future

First Step

Watch the following video and pay special attention to the tips on retrieving and saving your hand history from PokerStars. This will be important for the rest of your promotional journey.

After wacthing this please play some PLAY MONEY FULL-RING (9-Handed) tables at PokerStars and using the Hand Replayer post a hand here in this thread that you have questions about.
Here is a video on how to use the hand replayer.

Then when you have that done please have a go at the Poker Basics Course and pass the quiz at the end of the course.
So you have 3 steps to do to begin with and when you have all 3 done we will award you with your first bonus.

1) Watch the 'Getting Started' video
2) Post a 'PLAY MONEY' hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer
3) Pass the Poker Basic course.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 steps completed.

Best of Luck!

2 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
play money "Hand replayer" - Wed May 29, 2013, 04:28 PM
(#4)

are my calls correct?

Old
Thu May 30, 2013, 12:48 AM
(#5)
Thank you for posting this hand for review and I have asked one of the Hand Analysers to take a look at it for you.
He will do this within the next 24 hours and once it's been analysed I will advise on the next step.

Cheers.

2 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu May 30, 2013, 01:17 AM
(#6)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi Ellia10!

With A9 from the button, I get a min raise and a call. I could either call here and see the flop in poaition (if the others would not fold to a raise) or to make a standard raist here, which is to between 3X the previous bet (300) and a pot-sized raise (375). If I think that any of the opps might fold, I'll opt for the raise.

I flop top pair and get three checks and a min bet in front of me. Here, I do need to raise, both to get value from my pair and to protect against an opp drawing to two overcards. With 4 opps, my standard bet would be a pot-sized bet, so I need to make a pot-sized raise to 600. However, this brings another item into play and that is that this bet is over 1/3 of my chips, which means that I'm pot-committed. Due to this, I need to shove the flop.
I don't want to bet less than 600 here, as an opp with a flush or straight draw can be getting the correct odds to call me. If I give them the correct odds and they do outdraw me, then it would be my own fault that I lost the hand, as I made a bet where the opp expected to gain chips and not me gaining chips from my bet.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
the poker basic course complited - Fri May 31, 2013, 09:08 AM
(#7)
thanks!

I am done with the basic poker course and have already posted the hand video before

Old
Fri May 31, 2013, 12:31 PM
(#8)
I meant ive already passed the basic poker exam and already posted the hand video.

Old
Fri May 31, 2013, 02:30 PM
(#9)
Excellent!

You've done all 3 tasks and you'll get your first bonus in the next 24 hours, good job!

Step Two

Use your first buy-in to only play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables on PokerStars. Do not play any other type of game other than this. Post one hand that you had difficulty with here in this thread using the hand replayer and we will analyze it for you.
Please watch the following video and answer the question below.

List 3 reasons why a player may want to make a big bet?

Then study the Cash Game Course and once your happy have a go at attempting the quiz. Don't rush through the course, there's a lot of content there and the quiz is tricky so spend some time on this.

So you have 3 things to do to earn your next bonus.

1) Play the 1/2 cent Real Money tables and post an interesting hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer.
2) Watch the Bet Sizing video and answer the question below it.
3) Study and pass the Cash Game quiz.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 tasks complete and we will award you with your next buy-in.

Best of Luck!

2 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
the hand video - Fri May 31, 2013, 06:31 PM
(#10)

is what I did there right?

Old
Sat Jun 01, 2013, 12:40 AM
(#11)
Thank you for posting this hand for review and I have asked one of the Hand Analysers to take a look at it for you.
He will do this within the next 24 hours and once it's been analysed I will advise on the next step.

Cheers.

2 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
passes the cash game course - Sat Jun 01, 2013, 11:02 AM
(#12)
I have passed the cash game course and already posted the hand video replayer.

Old
answers - Sat Jun 01, 2013, 11:44 AM
(#13)
oh I forgot to post the answers

why may a player wants to make a big bet?
1) To put a lot of pressure on opponents
2) To bluff people off decent hand
3) To gain value from strong hands

Old
Mon Jun 03, 2013, 10:37 AM
(#14)
Since: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellia10 View Post

is what I did there right?

Hi Ellia10

There is one very important lesson to be learned from this hand. Any time you are the first to enter a pot, do so with a raise, regardless of your cards! If you always open with a standard 3bb raise, nobody will know if you are holding a monster AA, trash 72o or something in the middle such as 88 like in this hand. If you limp your marginal hands like small medium pairs, and raise your premium hands, you will get exploited by better players. Here, 88 is definately good enough to open with. I suggest making a standard 3bb raise to 6 cents. Raising has the added benefit that everyone may fold. This gives you an extra means of winning the hand.

As played, if you are willing to call a raise, then it would have been better to be the aggressor and raise yourself. Calling preflop might be ok, but the raiser has position on you and has taken the initiative in the hand. When this happens I would limit our losses by playing fit or fold on the flop. Here there are overcards an the villain c-bets, I would suggest folding.

Had you been the preflop aggressor, we could have fired a c-bet on the flop.

As played, folding to the turn bet is good. The K is another overcard to your 8s and the Q and K are solidly in the villain's range of hands.

The important lesson to take from this hand is that limping in preflop is not good when you are fist to act. Had you been on the btn with several limpers already in the pot, then limping along is fine. But, since you are first to act, always do so with a raise.

GL and have fun at the tables!
Roland GTX

Old
Mon Jun 03, 2013, 02:35 PM
(#15)
I have not received the second bounse yet. I did pass the cash course and did everything i had to do.

Old
Mon Jun 03, 2013, 06:17 PM
(#16)
Hi Ellia10,

Fantastic!

Your next Bankroll Builder bonus is on it's way to you, great job so far.

Watch this video that will help you on the cash game tables

There are three ways in which you can earn your next bonus.

1) Earn 10 VPPs AFTER receiving this bonus and you will automatically be credited with the next bonus. Let us know if you hit that target
2) If you lose your this bonus at the tables please post the hands where you lost the money with here in this thread. As soon as you post the losing hands we will advise on the next step.
3) If you make a first deposit at PokerStars you will automatically be awarded your remaining bonuses from the Bankroll Builder promotion.

Best of luck to you at the tables and we are here to help you should you have any questions.

Joss

2 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
I have made my first deposit - Tue Jun 04, 2013, 11:41 PM
(#17)
I have made my first deposit at pokerstars, but have not been automatically awarded with the remaining bonuses from the Bankroll Builder promotion.

Old
Wed Jun 05, 2013, 01:14 AM
(#18)
Hi Ellia,

It can take up to 72 hours for your deposit to register in our system. Be assured that your remaining bonuses will come to you, when the deposit does register here. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Good luck at the tables!

Joss

2 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Jun 05, 2013, 10:08 AM
(#19)
Congratulations!

As you've made your first deposit we have awarded you with all your Bankroll Builder buy-ins and you have successfully completed the promotion, good job!
You are always welcome to post any troublesome hands in the hand analysis forums in the Poker Education section.

Also it is a good idea to review some of the content on Bankroll Management at this point.

Keep in touch with us and let us know how your poker journey continues.

Joss

2 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com