Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

League Qualifier JJ

Old
League Qualifier JJ - Wed May 29, 2013, 04:32 AM
(#1)
Since: Jul 2012
Again without fe position 13/17 ITM 9
Sorry, this hand was deleted by its owner

Old
Wed May 29, 2013, 05:12 AM
(#2)
Since: Sep 2010
The big difference between between the 9's and the jacks is that with the jack his range contains a lot more hands where he will only have 1 overcard or where you will dominate him. Like TT, 99, KJ, AT/AJ. So imo I would probably fold the nines like you did and call with the jacks, but it also depends a lot on opponent. If my opponent would be playing very agressive I would have no trouble getting 99 in too. (although as you said it wouldnt be bad to play them anyway, specially considering your short stack)

Anyway seems you played both hands fine. (if it wasnt a league game the nines would be a shove anyday)

Old
Wed May 29, 2013, 05:17 AM
(#3)
of course it would be strange to ask something like that for standard MTT or sng thanks

Old
Wed May 29, 2013, 11:35 AM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi Shichi-77!

If this were a cash tourney, I couldn't shove my chips in fast enought.... BUT... this is a league game.

With JJ from the SB, I get a min-raise from UTG. Since this is a league game, I'm going to flat here and will not shove unless I hit a J or I have an overpair to the board. If I flat and have to give up to a large bet an overcards, then I'm still ahead of 2 players at my table and close to a 3rd. I don't want to risk the league points here with JJ. If I had QQ+, then I'd go for it, but JJ is too marginal to go with, IMO.

If I flat and see that I hit a set on the flop, then, I'd get the rest of my chips in.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed May 29, 2013, 11:43 AM
(#5)
Understood Thanks

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com