Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Education & Beginners Questions /

Record keeping

Old
Record keeping - Wed May 29, 2013, 11:34 AM
(#1)
Since: Mar 2013
Hi guys

I was wondering how to go about keeping a record of my sessions/bankroll. A friend recommended a website that does it all for you ( I forgot what it was called though & I don't want to bother him on holiday)

Could recommend any such websites/apps/software or is better to just make a spreadsheet?

If the latter is the best option what kind of info such I input?

Sorry to be a pain

Thanks in advance

TDM

Old
Wed May 29, 2013, 11:39 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi TDM!

The trackers (Poker Tracker and Holdem Manager) do this. I haven't had one of them (will if we can ever play again since I'm in the US), so I made up an excel sheet back when I first started playing for cash a number of years ago and tracked everything (even the VPP's). The excel route is a TON of work, forwarn you.

John (JWK24)

I used date, tourney ID (or ring), game type, entrants, finishing position, buy-in, return, VPP and running total for VPP's and bankroll... and then seperated it into each type of game.

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed May 29, 2013, 07:15 PM
(#3)
Thanks John

I was going to go down the self spreadsheet route but wasn't sure on what to input.

Yeah, I read somewhere that they're trying to pass a bill on online gambling in the U.S. I hope it goes threw, after all you guys invented the game seems stupid to make it illegal.

Thanks again

Tom

Old
Wed May 29, 2013, 07:20 PM
(#4)
Since: Aug 2010
Now that it's legal in many states I expect our government and stupid to get Gay married any day now.

Old
Fri May 31, 2013, 10:35 AM
(#5)
Since: Jun 2010
ChromeStar
If you go on line and enter: free poker spreadsheet templates, or free bankroll management spreadsheets there are a ton of them already done that you can choose from as well, saves alot of time.

2012 Double Bracelet Winner

Bracelet Winner

Last edited by CHILLI 2 U; Fri May 31, 2013 at 10:39 AM.. Reason: add on

Old
Fri May 31, 2013, 03:14 PM
(#6)
Since: Sep 2011
I use the spreadsheet and also Holdem Manager 2. HM2 is very good because it tracks all the stuff like hand history, session history etc. automaticly. It is good then to replay you hands, the good one as well as the bad one.

i also keep excel sheet becuase when I have to enter the lost (or profit) I suffer manually it helps me more control the bankroll.

Old
Fri May 31, 2013, 07:51 PM
(#7)
Since: Apr 2011
I use a spreadsheet because holdem manager does not track all tourney results and I play on a lot of sites. I just downloaded a template off web. It takes discipline, but once your in the habit its fine.

Old
Sat Jun 01, 2013, 07:18 AM
(#8)
Thanks guys the template option saved me a lot of time and energy

Thanks for all the help it's very much appreciated

Tom

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com