Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

Andy ahar?

Old
Andy ahar? - Thu May 30, 2013, 07:22 AM
(#1)
Since: Nov 2011
8888 lol

I pushed into your 8888 that you flopped in the pso series.

I was surprised to see k8 on your defend of the bind? I wish I had 3x now instead of pre.

would you have folded to the shove if you did not have that 8?

Old
Thu May 30, 2013, 10:26 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
I watched the hand and here's the way I see it.

First, a min-raise when BvB accomplishes absolutely nothing. The other player will almost always have the correct odds to see the flop (unless they have total trash like 28, 38, etc). From Andre's HU videos, when in position, Ax and Kx are well within the range of cards that a player should be playing.

Secondly, the flop bet was way, way, way out of line. Betting 8k+ into a 2k+ pot is only going to accomplish one thing and one thing only... to get that player value-owned. The only way that bet gets called is by a better hand. A bet of about 1300 here makes sense.. 8k+ shove don't look right and when something doesn't look right, 99% of the time.. it's a bluff.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu May 30, 2013, 01:15 PM
(#3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWK24 View Post
I watched the hand and here's the way I see it.

First, a min-raise when BvB accomplishes absolutely nothing. The other player will almost always have the correct odds to see the flop (unless they have total trash like 28, 38, etc). From Andre's HU videos, when in position, Ax and Kx are well within the range of cards that a player should be playing.

Secondly, the flop bet was way, way, way out of line. Betting 8k+ into a 2k+ pot is only going to accomplish one thing and one thing only... to get that player value-owned. The only way that bet gets called is by a better hand. A bet of about 1300 here makes sense.. 8k+ shove don't look right and when something doesn't look right, 99% of the time.. it's a bluff.

John (JWK24)
Interesting, either way I was owned by the flop. Do you think a hand like K7, q7, aq would or should fold in that spot? in Andy's situation faced by an overbet shove/

To be honest the move of tables completely through me off track, it was 4.30 am and the last thing I wanted to see was a table line up like that one.
Lango, Ahar e.t.c. what a tough crowd that was going to be. Complete panic lol.

I know I should of just folded pre-flop and not min raised, or a better raise than min raise if I was to play the hand in a ''steal'' sense.

I consider I was unlucky, any other card than the 8 and I think the move gets through by the volume of shove?

Old
Thu May 30, 2013, 01:39 PM
(#4)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
It wouldn't by me. An overshove like that, I'm calling with Ax and possibly Kx and of course, any pair... it don't make sense.

Also, I'd recommend watching Andre's HU vids. While Kx is well within the 80% range for playing IN position, T7 is way outside the 20% range for playing out of position.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Thank you John. - Thu May 30, 2013, 01:59 PM
(#5)
Thank you John , I think I now see an error in my game. I will look up Andre's video.

Old
Thu May 30, 2013, 03:56 PM
(#6)
Hi Holdemace.

I was calling with the intention of taking it away when you missed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holdemace486 View Post
I consider I was unlucky, any other card than the 8 and I think the move gets through by the volume of shove?
I definately got lucky flopping quads. That could be the first time for me

But I think you're missing the point. Shoving 8k into 2k looks more bluffy than betting 1300 like JWK suggests. Which means a bet of 1300 will win you the pot just as often as a bet of 8000 will if not more often, and you won't go bust when you're wrong.

If you bet 1300 into that pot, it would be a very bad spot for someone to try and resteal from you. You have AK in your range as well as lots of pocket pairs.

Cheers
Andy

Quad Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com